What's new

People You Have Put On Ignore

gpfan

a mari usque ad mare
Member Number
I've already put someone on ignore! Funnily enough, it was the first person I put on ignore elsewhere.

What are the reasons for you to delete someone?

Instead of using the ignore button, when I see someone I am not going to converse with has replied to me I do not read what they said, I just reply 'seen but not read'.

Instead of using the ignore button, when I see someone I am not going to converse with has replied to me I do not read what they said, I just reply 'seen but not read'.

It's not if they wish to converse with you. If one ignores a person, one shall not see their posts.

My idea behind this thread was for people to post the reasons they ignore other posters.

canada-terrance.gif

It's not if they wish to converse with you. If one ignores a person, one shall not see their posts.

My idea behind this thread was for people to post the reasons they ignore other posters.

canada-terrance.gif

I mentioned it because those on active-ignore do not seem to believe that someone could resist reading their posts (based on how many times they reply), and they find it quite annoying.
Why ignore when one can annoy?

Well, if you list some of the things that annoy you, maybe the general population shall get the hint.

For instance, there is a guy from near me that constantly moans about people not putting their real location in their profile. Whilst I agree with him, I put him on ignore because I was sick to death of constantly reading his moaning, whining posts. We're Canucks! Just STFU and accept it. That last of his posts I read really got up my nose because the person that had annoyed him had posted a photo that quite clearly showed license plates and other tell-tale signs of his exact location!

I was fucking saddened to be a Canuck at that point.

I put two types of members on ignore. The first is one whose posts are intentionally obnoxious and/or downright mean spirited. The second is one whom we've all encountered in life specifically while in school/college/university. That type is the one who always has their hand raised to answer the teacher whilst trying to come across as the fount of wisdom by answering most if not all posts. There's a distinct line between offering an opinion and being an expert. When it comes to responding to an OP's inquiry, it's quite alright to post about your own experience. It's another thing to respond as if your statement is THE official last word on the issue.

There's one such member at the other site who lurks on the GS forum. He has a heavy "wrist."

Other than that, I tend to scroll past camping and chute lube threads.

I don't know why anyone would want to miss out on the chuckles provided by the ignoranti. I had a few folks on ignore 'over there' for a while, but eventually realized that laughter was the best response.

Last edited:
I haven't put anyone on ignore yet here, but generally it would be someone who posts ridiculously altered photos or is someone who just tries to start arguments for no reason.
YOU TAKE THAT BACK!

Yup. Sounds like the idiot George from Wyoming. But, I know of whom you speak.
I flamed him on the "other" forum for being a know-it-all dick when I should have PM'd him with my sentiments. That said, I got six PM's from other forum members telling me they agreed with my post. Some people are attention whores, ya know?

I only put really toxic people on ignore. Laughing at someone's death, wishing cancer on people, etc. They typically justify it by saying the victim was a bad person and deserved it. I just find that sort of thing so distasteful I don't want it in my life. I don't tell them. I just put them on ignore (I haven't done that here yet).

Disagreement, negativity, and other mere unpleasantries I can deal with. I know I have typed some things others found disagreeable on occasion, and most still talk to me. People have their struggles. We can work through them together like iron sharpening iron.

I flamed him on the "other" forum for being a know-it-all dick when I should have PM'd him with my sentiments. That said, I got six PM's from other forum members telling me they agreed with my post. Some people are attention whores, ya know?

I can't laugh any louder.

He posted a photo or two of the new machine at his work where he digs holes for a living or something. One of the photos was of the controller of the machine. Now, as an aside, I must tell you that for a living I would design and then build such motor-control controllers for modern equipment to be retrofitted to older garbage in an industry nothing like he does or works in. In the photo of the controller, my eye was caught by an Omron programmable 120 VAC timer. I thought the coincidence was hilarious because on my kitchen counter sat the exact same timer that I had removed from my work jacket pocket at the end of the day. I mentioned this to him.

He proceeded to try to explain to ME how the shit worked. I politely told him to fuck off. After reading a few more of his idiotic "I know it all" posts, I put him on ignore. He's a fucking wanker.

"when I should have PM'd him with my sentiments."

No. You should have flamed him. He's a fucking goof. Tries too hard to be the best pal of whomever has a good long thread, such as the flake that re-lived the Hank Snow tune. Always insinuating himself into other folks posts.

Back
Top Bottom