What's new

Performance Suspension on R1250GS questions

TravelinLite

ADV+
Member Number
On previous bikes I have run Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 cartridges and a Penske rear shock as well as reinforced triple trees. All of this (plus some custom parts) was done to achieve better performance in the turns. However, I have never done this to a bike with active suspension.

For those of you who have tried to increase the handling performance of the R1250, with active suspension, what piece parts did you use? Would you do it again? What handling characteristics would you say were improved? What impact did your upgrade have on the factory active suspension? Price?

Thanks in advance for sharing.

You can have a look at Ted Porte's Beemer Shop. He is a shock wizard and you can have a good read on what is available.

I don't think you will find many who have replaced 1250 shocks for performance.

When you look on Ted Porters site have a shot near by, the prices are eye opening and heart pounding.

There are others I have used Hyper Pro on my LT and they are amazing.

Ohlins and others for sure.

I got the Traktive suspension from Ted's Beemershop and it was/is the best upgrade for the bike( 2018 1200 GSA). It was expensive but worth it to me. Since I don't own a car and the bike is my only transport, I figured I could get away with it.. :lol3

Top Bottom Back Refresh