What's new

(Planning) MD/Eastern PA in Jan

psykown

Member Number
I'll be in the Maryland/PA/DE area for a week or so Jan 14(ish) -21(ish) and am down to ride! I'll have the versys for about half that time if anyone wants to offroad a bit and the other half of the time I'll have a Virago 750 for a bit more relaxed (street) riding. Who wants to cruise!

Down for it in the Baltimore and points north/northwest/northeast up into PA if the weather is halfway civilized... in that timeframe we get a few days here and there worth getting out the bikes. Up and down the Susquehana on either side is always a good time. I've done February RTE's up to Columbia PA in the past...

Yeah its super hit and miss, with a little luck we might end up with a day or two though! Parents live close to the susquehanna so that my go to at the moment

I like.both banks of the river, here hoping for some reasonable weather. Just put some Bitubo fork carts in the gsxs, sure would like to try them.on longer rides. Weather is nice this week, so will.head out this afternoon 🥰

Love riding up in that area; sometimes I'll ride up one side of the Susq. R. and then back down the other. Not that I'm unique with that route. Older pic from the western bank near the Wrightsville Bridge.

IMG_1805-XL.jpg

Been in that exact spot... thats a neat old bridge :)

+1 vote for Bully's Pub up in Columbia- its been a few years who knows if its changed, but was a nice old joint last time I went.

Its looking like I should have a good Virago for that week so fingers crossed the weather is good! I've got a picture somewhere of that exact same spot to!

Love riding up in that area; sometimes I'll ride up one side of the Susq. R. and then back down the other. Not that I'm unique with that route. Older pic from the western bank near the Wrightsville Bridge.

IMG_1805-XL.jpg
I know I'm commenting on an old post. I've been meaning to go down there. You've inspired me to hit it up either this evening into the night or tomorrow night. I might go near the Enola Low Grade Trail at night-time.

I don't mind rides at all as long as the frozen/black ice/frosty stuff isn't present. I don't mind riding in cold rain. My only problem is my helmet becomes waterlogged. I hate having a waterlogged helmet on a cold day. Developed a nasty head cold last week.

I'll have to hold off that planned ride for today. Errands and chores cropped up and they need to be handled. :(

My mom and dad visited Gettysburg before I was born. Both claimed they had a great feeling of sorrow. This was the one and only paranormal claim either made in my lifetime. The account spooked me enough to never want to visit even though the country side is beautiful.

PA 5 from OH to Buffalo was one of the greatest rides ever. The route was too short! I was in nirvana riding 2up on the wife's 25 yr old sportster. The grapes were ripe and I could smell the vineyards the whole way through PA. Maybe I need a Cali ride through a few wine valleys! I don't even drink wine or eat grapes.

My mom and dad visited Gettysburg before I was born. Both claimed they had a great feeling of sorrow. This was the one and only paranormal claim either made in my lifetime. The account spooked me enough to never want to visit even though the country side is beautiful.

PA 5 from OH to Buffalo was one of the greatest rides ever. The route was too short! I was in nirvana riding 2up on the wife's 25 yr old sportster. The grapes were ripe and I could smell the vineyards the whole way through PA. Maybe I need a Cali ride through a few wine valleys! I don't even drink wine or eat grapes.
I've been there many times. While it is historic and can be sad, I have always enjoyed it.
QehZjm.jpg

Top Bottom Back Refresh