What's new

Possible minibike meet at Windrock?

Danno

Member Number
Is anyone interested in a minibike offroad adventure at Windrock in April to May? I figure any bike but emphasis on minis or smaller wheel machines. Pullstarts, pitbikes and scooters. There has been a little interest at advr..nothing set. Busco Beach is close for me. But brown and doe was also considered. Any feedback is appreciated.

I had to look up Windrock. Its an OHV area near Oak Ridge, TN so not that far from me. I have a feeling most of the trails there would be a bit too challenging for my ADV150. If I were to ride there it would more likely be on my KLX250 which is certainly not a mini bike. Tell me a little bit about Windrock if you have ridden there.

I have not but watched many videos. I think it has everything. From easy to hard enduro

Just something to think about. A couple of years ago someone set up an event called "monkeys and Mini" in Tellico Plains. Not a lot of people showed up but the event was held and I happened to be in the area the same weekend so I got to meet those guys. there were 4 riders and the bikes were: a couple of Monkey bikes, A chinese trail 70 (125cc) clone and an ADV150. They had a good time. Of course all the bikes were street legal since they rode on public roads, paved and unpaved. I think that event had potential even if the turn out wasn't that great.

Here's a video they made:

That was a cool video. We were thinking about bringing big bikes also. My truck can haul the tw and a few minis. Not all the minis are street legal. That was the reason for Windrock or Brown Mt. If it comes down to just 2 riders..that is cool. That is how the idea started. There aren't many mini enthusiasts here but I figure I would post anyways.

Since we are on the topic of minis, there are two events coming up this year that might interest you.

The first is the Smoky mountain Small bore rally: https://smokymountainsmallborerally.com/

I haven't been to that rally but might go this year if another trip I want to do doesn't get in the way.

The second is Barber Small Bore: https://www.barbermuseum.org/barber-small-bore/

I went to the Barber Small Bore a couple of years ago and had a blast. I did a 20 minute session on the track for $25

DSC04075-XL.jpg

They had off road racing.

DSC04124-XL.jpg

I'm hoping to go again this year.

I'm not interested on owning a minibike (several years with a Ruckus was enough), but watching them when they ride by en masse is fascinating. And when I say en masse, I'm talking hundreds! It seems to happen every year, but I never know in advance... (probably something to do with not attracting negative attention).

So to help me out, I've joined Jacksonville Mini Bikes and Mini Bike Meet Up FB groups. No posting, just lurking - so I can be better prepared in setting up my lawn chair to watch the swarm go by. Watching from dozens to hundreds of stunting minibikes riding by is cool! :clap

I'm not interested on owning a minibike (several years with a Ruckus was enough), but watching them when they ride by en masse is fascinating. And when I say en masse, I'm talking hundreds! It seems to happen every year, but I never know in advance... (probably something to do with not attracting negative attention).

So to help me out, I've joined Jacksonville Mini Bikes and Mini Bike Meet Up FB groups. No posting, just lurking - so I can be better prepared in setting up my lawn chair to watch the swarm go by. Watching from dozens to hundreds of stunting minibikes riding by is cool! :clap
Every year I miss mini mayhem 160 miles away. Only one 1 rule..no one is left behind.

I have some build plans. Big bikes and work leaves little time. I guess I could hit the trails after I cook for the fam. Bike has a light!

Top Bottom Back Refresh