What's new

Post a "glamor shot" of your GS!

clutch replacement. Picked this '98 1100gs with 60k on the clock with a bad clutch for a parts bike, for $1000. It looked "to good for a parts bike" so , BBY clutch kit $500, 1200 injectors $200 , used Rick seat $200 , Tractive shocks , Beemer Shop ,$1900 , $200 for hard parts Now I have $4000 in a bike that would sale for $2500-$3500. And I still need a 1100gs parts bike. My wife doesn't think so !! She said, "buy a new motorcycle , it would be cheaper,"
Keep it now that it is totally fixed up. On Bring a Trailer, some older BMW's go for funny money these days so there is that. Great job on the clutch replacement!

Keep it now that it is totally fixed up. On Bring a Trailer, some older BMW's go for funny money these days so there is that. Great job on the clutch replacement!
Thanks FLrider. I'll keep it , I love the ole 11xxgs's. I have a '96 I bought in '06 with with 21k on it now it's at 85k. I finely retired and have time to ride.

IMG_0737B.jpg

Ha, thanks. The majority of my photos in Oklahoma are from photo tag games. It's not often I'm out riding around Oklahoma and think to myself "wow, that's beautiful - I need a shot of that"...
We do similar in our BMW club. We must ride to all 67 counties in PA and take a picture of a particular themed item with our club number and bike in it as proof. Just a way to induce riding, there are no prizes, just the rides.

One year train theme, airports, covered bridges and historic bridges and canals, State Parks, just odd stuff and some is pretty challenging to find.

Nice picture of your motorcycle and the scenery is very nice indeed.

Back
Top Bottom