What's new

Preferred engine configuration.

Any body care to give me some insight into Boxer / BMWs, I really never got them . i owned a R45 for about a year and i had a boxer 650 ural in the late 70s as a work bike. And i rode a R 90S 1977 and a R60, and the most fun was the R60 i remember thinking it was back then suprising for a 600 and was more like a 750 bonie on torque and power and had more torque than an XS650 i had at the time i liked that R60.
But the r90s and My own r45 were as expected really and quite frankly lack lustre. I dont get what all the fuss was about with them myself.
This is not meant in a derisory way towards BMw or boxers in general just a cassual observation, and just wondering if i had all the wrong models and i need to know about XYor Z. Basicaly talk me through/ into them.

For me the boxer twins just have a character nothing else does, sure kind of low on power but they are unique. Plus I just like the way the look. My oilhead is rated for 97 HP so that gets around just fine. And of course thumpers are well...thumpers. I really like mine too.

Boxer has a lot of mid range torque . Cruising 70 mph on a 2 lane road, pull out to pass and just twist the throttle, no down shift, pull back in and you're in the 100 mph neighborhood.

Two V-twins and one V4 Ducatis for fun, an inline six BMW K1600GTL that I am told is too big for me, two single cylinder and V-twin SMs and three electric bikes. I like them all. Electric is practical and most used.

Two V-twins and one V4 Ducatis for fun, an inline six BMW K1600GTL that I am told is too big for me, two single cylinder and V-twin SMs and three electric bikes. I like them all. Electric is practical and most used.

That clears it up. 🤣🤣

I thought so. :imaposer

I forgot the parallel twin KTM btw.

It is electric that is preferred for day to day use.

Mostly I fly though... turbines or V12.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom