What's new

Primitive camping along the NEBDR

Levain

Member Number
Cross posted from the other site..

5/18/22

I'll keep original post below for fun, but as of this season, I've switched it up. The google map linked below will remain, but it will NO LONGER BE UPDATED. It's a lot easier for me to just do it all in Locus and post a .gpx file, so that is what will happen.

I will do my best to keep the file updated on the back end. Hopefully, with a new season upon us, we'll be able to continue adding to this. I think it's a helpful resource. Keep sending your primitive camping spots as you find them, and post to the thread to keep it active for the season!

There are some new spots added since last update. If you've contributed and don't see your spot, send it again. It's possible it was missed when I was messing with points. I'm a baker, not a computer guy as @SRTie4k can attest (thanks again for the help)!

Here's the link to .gpx file. Bring on 2022!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'm sure there are many of us looking to do the NEBDR this summer. With campgrounds hit or miss, or worse, requiring a reservation, I thought it might be a good idea to have a running database of VETTED campsites along the BDR. I don't plan much, but do stress about finding somewhere to sleep.

I started a google map. I'll add to it as I have time with places I've stayed. Sadly, I haven't been great at marking all the spots, or don't remember details. The map should be public and others can add to it. If you have an issue viewing or adding, let me know and I'll fix it. Out of respect for other riders, lets keep this to places you've personally stayed in so its accurate. Keep in mind that oftentimes, in the National Forest at least, when there is one spot, there is many along the same road. I appreciate a note about the tree situation to hang a hammock.

Ideally, this will be either on, or close to, the BDR. Close enough that it makes sense to pull off for the night, but not a complete time drain.

Edit: I've learned that I am the only one that can add to the map. Keep it simple please by simply sending me the coordinates to a spot that should be added.

Top Bottom Back Refresh