What's new

Quieter exhaust for r1250gs

I agree with @wisperquiet. These are the ones I've been using.

It really makes the ride much more enjoyable

Found one here.
That is a deflector, to direct the hot gasses away from the rider. I doubt it makes any sound difference.

Real DB killers would have to fit this:
1671479265720.png

Square may be an issue, needs two.

DB Killer for reference:
1671479352658.png

1671479365467.png

To copy from the website.
"It is the sound pressure escaping directly from the exhaust that cause this chamber to resonate. This resonance chamber acts like a mechanical amplifier. It is the cause of the roaring sound that is perceived as annoying and unpleasant, which can have an effect on physical sensitivity by causing subjective stress and unease, thus distracting from events on the road.

Our GONZZOO exhaust deflector diverts the exhaust flow away from this resonance chamber and deflects the acoustic pressure from the sides upwards. This noticeably reduces the irritating drone and the effects mentioned."
Seems to me that it reduces noise.
To the rider, not the general public.

Full description:

One point that our customers often mention is the clearly perceptible, low-frequency roar of the GS, which occurs especially in part-load and full-load operation at speeds between 80 and 130 km/h. Unfortunately, this is the speed range most often travelled in on the road. Or the one you can least avoid.

During the test rides, we were able to identify the resonance chamber, which is roughly formed by the insides of the cases and the entire rear wheel arch, as the source of the noise.

It is the sound pressure escaping directly from the exhaust that cause this chamber to resonate. This resonance chamber acts like a mechanical amplifier. It is the cause of the roaring sound that is perceived as annoying and unpleasant, which can have an effect on physical sensitivity by causing subjective stress and unease, thus distracting from events on the road.
Our GONZZOO exhaust deflector diverts the exhaust flow away from this resonance chamber and deflects the acoustic pressure from the sides upwards. This noticeably reduces the irritating drone and the effects mentioned.
The performance-influencing dynamic pressure doesn’t change, so there’s no loss of performance!
Passengers find the GS to be subjectively quieter since the acoustic pressure is shielded on the sides.
The deflector shields the heat radiation of the exhaust stream so that the heating of the cases and the case contents are noticeably reduced.
Mounting is easy thanks to the spring supports, so the compact deflector can be fitted and removed any time. The matching tool is supplied with the delivery. With German type approval.

When I had a stock exhaust I put these on it and it helped in both getting the exhaust further out but it did affect sound also. With bags on it looked fine and worked well for me.

Attachments

• exhaust bike side.jpg
    exhaust bike side.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 34
I've got that on my '19 GSA. Keeps the heat off of the right pannier, I can't tell any difference in the sound.
Well it does get the exhaust out from behind of the bag. That helps stop that reverberation on that bag. Thus it helps with the sound. While I bought it to get it from behind the bag it did help in the sound also.

Top Bottom Back Refresh