What's new
  • If you don't frequent the chat forum, make sure you read this post regarding land usage. It would be great if we could get everybody to send a comment in before Oct 7th!

R1100GS

south east okie

Member Number
I've looked and read all over ADVbikes for the last couple days. I haven't, seen or read of a R1100GS. Am I the only guy still riding and loving an old, worn out, beat to shit never makes me walk R1100GS ??

philipbarrett

Member Number
Museum pieces...literally!

Actually from the really cool Moto Talbott Museum in Carmel Valley, CA.

PXL_20210709_224303830.jpg

PXL_20210709_224340410.jpg

south east okie

Member Number
I like the old 1100 's and 1150 's . I like riding them and like messing with them . I can work on them in my "farm" shop . They're about like working on a tractor or baler. With a little advice/help from folks on the net, like JVB, I can keep them going.

Southbound

CCRyder
ADV+
Member Number
You need to ride yours down here to BIloxi, and lets do some cruising. I never had an 1100 just the 1150…… we can swap off some, let me see how much better i like the gearing of the 11–/

Southbound

CCRyder
ADV+
Member Number
You need to ride yours down here to BIloxi, and lets do some cruising. I never had an 1100 just the 1150…… we can swap off some, let me see how much better i like the gearing of the 11–/

Southbound

CCRyder
ADV+
Member Number
Hey !! I see you made it over.:clap I'll try and get down that way one of these days.
Man, a guy that operates on brute force and ignorance can go and do anything he wants, anytime he wants ! Just do it. I tell you what, you make it to my house, we will load the bikes up and take them to north Georgia and N.C. , and ride in God’s Country. We can be there in about 8 hours from my house. We can hit all the best roads from there….right on up to Deals Gap, Cherohala SKyway, and a gazillion little roads in between….. it’s like Arkansas , but on steroids…..

south east okie

Member Number
My Little Wife doesn't ride with me anymore, so every yr we take a rd trip in the cage. Last yr we drove the Blue Ridge Parkway , I was sure wishing I had my bike ! We went on up to Niagara Falls , there's a lot of good roads in that part of the world.

I'm having a shoulder issue, (old man shit) , When get that worked out I'm planning a ride down that way. Had my other shoulder rebuilt a few yrs ago and was out of commission for 90 days with it. I'm worried it's gonna mess up my riding this yr.

Southbound

CCRyder
ADV+
Member Number
Sorry about the shoulder, hope it will go well and heal faster than you fear. I was down earlier this year with a nerve pinching somewhere in my neck/spine around C5/C6 , it’s gotten better but I am just one incident away from needing another surgery probably according to the neuro-surgeon and orthopedic guys…… I’m only 63 but already getting the old man stuff, If I’d known I would live this long i would have taken better care of myself, right ? ;-)

Top Bottom