What's new

Recommendations for additional front & rear lighting

Lame. Too bad no one bothered to at least shoot a phone video of the installation.
Exactly.

I took a stab at it by myself today and just started removing screws. Removing the TFT screen turned out to be super easy, but after removing the screws around the speaker grill housing I couldn't figure out how to pull it off the bike because BMW apparently also uses snaps. I hate plastic snaps. Do I pull it straight off or pull it sideways? Is there a hidden release? Sheesh. And you know how it'll go...yank and break something and pay $300 for a new part.

Guess I'll beg a dealer to print out the removal steps from the service manual.

You can see the shape Chinese knockoff's mounted to the crash bars on my R65. These are surprisingly bright for a cheap light and work very well. Good for that triangulated light look too.
IMG_1380-XL.jpg

No aux lights on my other bikes yet but I think I'm going to mount my Denali 1's to my 525.
I like cheap. Who/where please?
Thanks!
A.F.

Thanks. I didn't think of using silicone. If I have to tear into it again (due to them coming disconnected) I think I will fill the connectors with silicone and tape them in such a way that they won't fall apart.

The ends are designed to lock together but they don't seem to work. At least not as good as the other end of the cable. I would say the connections are weather resistant but they are not water tight. If they were submerged I am sure they would fill with water.
I keep bicycle inner tubes in various thicknesses handy too put under things that may slip around but also need to remove/install/adjust without a mess or using adhesive.

If the inner tubes I have are too thick, I use a layer of electrical tape.

I'm in the cheap lights camp. 1000+? What? Like seriously? IDGAF how it looks or bragging rights at DQ. It just needs to work.

I put 4x scamazon lights on the Wing (under mirror).
90w total. 2x -25w 2x -20w

I wanted 4 because I put 2 over the beans and 2 downrange. It's utmost important to have good range to the sides over the bean fields around here.

[UWSL]It's basically daylight out a 1/4 mile. [/UWSL]

Mounting under the mirror/high is key. I don't get the value of lights down low. So much waste.

PXL_20220917_052834341.jpg

Stock
The wings OEM lights were pretty good.
PXL_20220917_052847829.jpg

Top Bottom Back Refresh