What's new

Replacement battery

I've gotten very good service on my '18 GSA with Motobatt. Give 'em a call and they'll fix you up. (833) 668-6228

Mike
I don't ride a BMW, but I've been thinking about, dealing with, batteries myself. After the Yuasa I purchased failed after slightly more than a year's use (~ 5K miles), I decided to give lithium batteries a try. (I'm traveling and don't recall the brand off hand.) It performed fine through the summer and fall. Now with the freezing temps, and my bike being outside, the battery holds its charge for two days max (no riding), which is disappointing, though a known characteristic. Maybe the Motobatt hybrid gets around this ... sure is an expensive battery. I didn't see mention of their warranty.

I don't ride a BMW, but I've been thinking about, dealing with, batteries myself. After the Yuasa I purchased failed after slightly more than a year's use (~ 5K miles), I decided to give lithium batteries a try. (I'm traveling and don't recall the brand off hand.) It performed fine through the summer and fall. Now with the freezing temps, and my bike being outside, the battery holds its charge for two days max (no riding), which is disappointing, though a known characteristic. Maybe the Motobatt hybrid gets around this ... sure is an expensive battery. I didn't see mention of their warranty.
I ordered this one and it was $95. Not too bad.

Mike

Just installed the Antigravity, after charging it up with a dedicated charger, and did a quick run around the block and color me impressed too! Cranked the bike right up with authority.. Also lost 8 pounds in weight compared to the AGM it replaced....

Just installed the Antigravity, after charging it up with a dedicated charger, and did a quick run around the block and color me impressed too! Cranked the bike right up with authority.. Also lost 8 pounds in weight compared to the AGM it replaced....
That’s what I run…spins the life outta the motor now…

I bought 2 Yuasa batteries in 2021, one for the DR and another for the FE501. Both have failed despite regular use of a tender.
Poor quality. I just ordered a Tusk LiPo4 for the DR. Lets see how it does.

I bought 2 Yuasa batteries in 2021, one for the DR and another for the FE501. Both have failed despite regular use of a tender.
Poor quality. I just ordered a Tusk LiPo4 for the DR. Lets see how it does.
wow, I did exactly this. I've had more batteries fail in less than a year that I want to mention. I too put a Tusk in my DR. been just fine.

I think batteries have gotten worse in quality over the years, specially the OEM ones in both bikes and cars.
Certain aftermarket ones haven't been much better either it seems... :dunno

I've had the same luck with batteries lately. Used to get five years, easy. Now I'm lucky to get two. That's across multiple brands of batteries and multiple brands of bikes.

Have been slowly switching all of our bikes over to lithium batteries. Man I love those things for all the reasons people have already mentioned. But yeah they don't like the cold. Our bikes live in the garage so it's not often an issue for us.

Top Bottom Back Refresh