What's new

Researching the next ST bike

Jermiester

Member Number
I'm currently riding an Honda Magna, '85 700. Love the bike, but looking for something newer, more sporty, with factory hard bags, top case, shaft drive. Looking for more of an upright riding position. My hands cant do the buzzy engines, so not looking at thumpers. I'm open to most brands, budget is 6000.00 +/_ .
Looking at

Honda ST1300
Yamaha FJR 1300
Honda NT 700V

Am I thinking too narrow, are there others out there i should be looking at also?

I'm in s. colorado, so not much of a support network, in my neck of the woods.

T I A

I'm 5' 8 and 190 lbs

I just bought a 2013 BMW F800GT for $5k. Needs a bit of work to get it up to snuff, but the engines are bullet-proof Rotax twins. A lot of them have hard bags (mine does) and they have brembos. No shaft drive, but a belt, which IMO, more street bikes should have.

^^don't think that meets his price criteria LOL

I picked up a 2009 fjr about 18 months ago for $5400. I liked it but did flip it later last year. It's a big bike, love the motor tho.
Dropping two gears and rolling on throttle when passing at 55mph was almost a religious experience.

Looking at an fj-09 currently which may be the right compromise.

Your inseam may have something to say about your next bike. I seem to recall both the FJR and Concours being friendly to riders in the <5'-10" range. You're in southern CO? I hear a lot of good things about Fremont Motorsports in Florence, CO. Good luck with your decision!

I bought a new ST13 and sold it in 6 months. Ticked all my boxes at the time...BUT boring AF and hot AF.

It was the very last bike I ever bought without a test ride. Cured me of that mistake.

Suzuki Bandit with a touring setup?
As mentioned above ... a BMW R, or even K bike might do.

I'm currently riding an Honda Magna, '85 700. Love the bike, but looking for something newer, more sporty, with factory hard bags, top case, shaft drive. Looking for more of an upright riding position. My hands cant do the buzzy engines, so not looking at thumpers. I'm open to most brands, budget is 6000.00 +/_ .
Looking at

Honda ST1300
Yamaha FJR 1300
Honda NT 700V

Am I thinking too narrow, are there others out there i should be looking at also?

I'm in s. colorado, so not much of a support network, in my neck of the woods.

T I A

I'm 5' 8 and 190 lbs

Take this thing off my hands.

S.C.

Back
Top Bottom