Votes: 14 28.6%
  • Volunteer

Votes: 7 14.3%
  • Traveling

Votes: 23 46.9%
  • All the above

Votes: 6 12.2%

• Total voters
I think reading threads like this while I am 32 really boosts my desire to save my pennies so I can punch out sooner that later.

Start Saving earlier rather than later.

1650886664425.png

My post may have come across poorly but I am saving quite a bit. Retirement will happen for me. The factor between now and then is whether my diet will be Ramen and Hormel Chili or Steak. I fucking love steak.
Good for you ! I mean that.

Wife is retired, and I am not far behind her. I will keep MVI MOTO and MVI WELDING open until I decided to sell them or cannot do the work any more.

I think reading threads like this while I am 32 really boosts my desire to save my pennies so I can punch out sooner that later.

If you like what you do, there's no reason to punch out. Prepare to retire early, but when you hit the mark where you are financially set, don't just quit your job. I mean, if you hate your job, yeah, quit. But don't walk away from a good thing either. Retirement is expensive.

S.C.

I retired 3 years ago at the age of 61. I wasn't planning on retiring for a few more years but my job was sucking the life out of me and interfering with my riding. It's not that I hated what I was doing but I went to work at 10:30 at night and got off anywhere between 6 AM and 1PM. My sleep schedule was all FU and I absolutely hated hearing my alarm go off. It was messing up my health. I looked at my finances and realized that I could afford to retire but it would mean tightening my belt financially and maybe not buying some of those toys I wanted. I don't regret my decision but I am thinking about going back to work part time.

I’m 68 and retired but was retired most of my working life. Worked as a contractor for the last 35 years, never worked weekends or more than 6 hours a day. Fridays we usually quit by noon/1 o’clock. I’ve done most everything on the list most of the time so other than getting up to go to a jobsite nothing has seemed to change.

Final decision was a quadruple bypass a year ago this past February that made me say “chuck it”. The recovery road took some time and I just fell out of like with work. The Wife of 44 years has 4 more years but could quit now but doesn’t want to spend that much time with me! We have our toys, vehicles, camper and such paid for and house only has a couple more years left on the mortgage. IRA’s and Roths are small but still it’s something.

Were comfortable where we are in life and don’t want or need to chase the dollar, it’s all about contentment.

Last edited:
I tend to not work on Fridays - some small bookkeeping efforts, but that is it.

I find a 4 day work week enough at the moment.

My first retirement will be in 7 years at 42...

Probably give pushing a broom a try for a bit just to have somewhere to go everyday. With any luck I won't need the money.

I have been retired 17 years this month and highly recommend it. I am on track to have ridden more than 20,000 miles 17 years in a row…….my immediate goal is 20 years straight.

Hero ! That is a great goal

Last edited:
I have been retired 17 years this month and highly recommend it. I am on track to have ridden more than 20,000 miles 17 years in a row…….my immediate goal is 20 years straight.
I thought that once I retired I'd end up riding 20K+ miles every year but I haven't done it yet. I've been around 14-16K per years the last three years and I'll probably do the same this year. I'm not riding any more than I did before I retired.

I'm doing something wrong:dirtdog

Back
Top Bottom