What's new

Road Rage and Motorcycling

Going across 5 lanes and back to get ahead a few car lengths. And on the way back to the right lane for the exit....the car is almost 90° to the direction of travel. I have seen this a few times. The last one the driver about ate it.

We had a wrong way driver on I-95 a few days back, at least the idiot had the decency just to kill himself and no-one else by hitting a Jersey barrier head on into the pointy end.... :deal

I4 in the early 2000s was nuts. I had to tuck an elbow on my sumo after being driven into a barrier. Living there was always adrenaline packed. I witnessed more stuff than can be told...then a friend almost got into a gun fight when the car followed him home. Ha..I visited last spring and Florida was actually relaxing. Around Jacksonville I had a close call but I4 was nice and the surrounding Orlando area at 3pm! Ha...jeez I live in sticks but Raleigh can be interesting to get through. There is no need in the middle of no where. We have residents who drive a 100 miles to work in right over an hr.

The other thing that galls me is the idiotic racing toward an intersection, stop sign or red light. WTF is that all about? In my area mostly :asshat broads... :hide
It's mostly everyone here in my area, they brake late like they're road racing. All it gets them is back to their mechanic a lot sooner than usual for new pads and rotors.

Last edited:
It's mostly everyone here in my area, they brake late like they're road racing. All is gets them is back to their mechanic a lot sooner than usual for new pads and rotors.
The best was up north plow trucks with no brakes. After 10 yrs I pulled at least 35-40 trucks in the building with no brakes. I fixed the plow and not the brakes. The drivers would drop the plow to slow down. And that is how I drove in the building. In Florida...I always thought someone has to be making good money on brakes.

Do you have it when riding on your bike? Have you experienced it from someone when you were on your bike? What's your best advice? Share your experience.
Getting road rage on a bike is just plain dumb. I shake my head and carry on with my life. I ride to improve my mental health.

Remember this before (and during) every ride:

"All the drivers on the road are out to kill you" Observation is key.

Getting road rage on a bike is just plain dumb. I shake my head and carry on with my life. I ride to improve my mental health.

Remember this before (and during) every ride:

"All the drivers on the road are out to kill you" Observation is key.
I always assume that everyone around me is a moron and needs watching out for. It has kept me safe so far....
However, when you do encounter courtesy, it seems almost abnormal as it is so rare.....

Last edited:
I always assume that everyone around me is a moron and needs watching out for. It has kept me safe so far....
However, when you do encounter courtesy, it seem almost abnormal as it is so rare.....
Actually this the saving grace for bikes and smaller cars. I can spot a good driver a mile away. They are not tailgating anyone, in the right lane, not speeding and aware. I usually give a head nod or a simple wave as I pass. Then the good driver provides a shield. The good driver always knows I'm being tailgated on a bike and usually always takes the heat. This works quite well at bad times. If possible..I give a 2nd wave for helping me out after things calm down. I always have been appreciative and when I drive my truck...I gadly do the same for any vehicle. And especially bikes!!

Here in NE FL, LEO's don't even bother speeders at 10-15 mph over. The LEOs themselves are often driving the same. It's when those speeders encounter other drivers NOT speeding (or not as fast) that the problem escalates into aggressiveness. It doesn't stop me from riding, but often changes my route and I spend a lot more time watching my mirrors assessing threats from behind.

If there's one grace, it's that I don't see the same anti-motorcycle attitudes that I once did. Back in the seventies and early eighties, it was the Good 'ol Boys that thought it funny to brake check, swerve into my lane and tailgate. I took several backroads trips through the Carolinas and actually attached a holster to the side panel of my bike. Clearly visible that it was empty, but I saw the reactions when people noticed it and likely assumed that I may be carrying an "equalizer". Glad those days are over, but I kind of understand the deterrent of get back whips. I haven't seen issues like these in long time. Probably because there's far more traffic (AKA witnesses).

Last edited:
Eastern Carolina is rough. There might be a handfull of motorcycles in the whole county. And coincidentally two state reps got caught in a road rage crash the other day.

Back
Top Bottom