What's new

Rolling Mavericks, home of the UltraLight Enduro Trail Jack Stand

Didado

ADV+
Member Number
Hi guys, it has now been over a year since I started selling the Rolling Mavericks' UltraLight Enduro Trail Jack Stand, the lightest and most packable on the market. It is a great tool to help you fix flats on the trail or do some maintenance which requires lifting a wheel off the ground. It can raise the front or rear wheel on bikes weighing up to up to 240kg (530 lbs).

The Trail Jack Stand weighs only 140 grams (4.9 oz) And it also fits any 25 cm (10 inches) tool roll.

tj-assembly_landscape-jpg.jpg

The Story

Trail jack stands have been around for a long time. Rolling Mavericks' UltraLight Enduro Trail Jack Stand is my idea of a trail jack 2.0, as I wanted to design an improved version. I've used a homemade one for years and never hit the trail without it. It is a simple but handy emergency tool whenever you get a flat on the trail. It beats looking for rocks or sticks to raise your bike, and it is a must-have if you're riding terrain without a tree or rock in sight.

tj-wide_frontwheelremoved_f_m-jpg.jpg

The good, the bad, and the ugly

Nonetheless, I've always had two gripes with regular trail jacks, including my homemade one. Firstly, they are heavy. Most trail stands weigh anywhere from 250 to 450 grams, and every gram counts when riding Enduro or travelling the world on your adventure bike with luggage.

Secondly, a trail jack foot or Y support is bulky. If they are permanently attached to the jack, they are often too long, thick, and wide to fit in most tool rolls.

I designed The Rolling Mavericks' UltraLight Enduro Trail Jack Stand to be ultralight and compact when packed. The kit, including the spring clip and front brake velcro strap lock, weighs only 140 grams, and you can take it apart for easy flat packing in your tool roll.

The use of o-rings makes it easy and quick to put the jack together or take it apart. Yet, when assembled, they hold the different parts together with just enough friction to prevent them from falling out.

tj_toolroll_brand_close-jpg.jpg

With the parts disassembled, the foot is only 6 mm high and packs flat. The outer tube is the thickest part at 18 mm. The Rolling Mavericks' UltraLight Enduro Trail Jack Stand fits right next to my Motion Pro T6 tire levers inside my tool roll. It takes up minimal space without adding much weight.

It's all in the details!

Usually, the Velcro strap used for locking up the front brake when jacking the rear wheel is wide and thick, making it bulky to pack. Also, often it is one-sided Velcro making it very fiddly to install. The UltraLight Enduro Trail Jack Stand uses a thin and narrow, 12 mm double-sided Velcro strap. So no more fiddling to lock the brake.

The UltraLight Enduro Trail Jack Stand has everything you need to use this tool, including a stainless steel spring clip and spare o-rings.

tj_teneree_w-mod-jpg.jpg

Ultralight, but is it strong enough to hold my 200+ kg bike with luggage?

That's a question I'm often asked, but I'm not going to tell you that it can. After all, seeing is believing

TJ_ktm450_w.jpg

TJ_KTM890_RW.jpg

TJ_Teneree_rear.jpg

TJ_wide_HuskyFe_M.jpg

To celebrate Rolling Mavericks' presence on ADVbikes, I'm discounting all products in the Rolling Mavericks webshop 20 percent (valid until the 11th of februari 2023)

Click the link below, and once you fill your basket, the 20% discount is automatically applied at checkout.

20% discount link

You can also use the discount code ADVbikes20 manually at checkout.

For many countries, free shipping is available depending on your spending.

Greetings from Amsterdam

David

Last edited:
Thanks! Since you have been on this forum since feb I do have a question coming 'from the other ADV forum'. Do we also use the term inmates? :wings

I went to your site, you have some cool stuff and decent prices.

How are the shipping cost gonna compare to shipping in the States?

Hi guys, it has now been over a year since I started selling the Rolling Mavericks' UltraLight Enduro Trail Jack Stand, the lightest and most packable on the market. It is a great tool to help you fix flats on the trail or do some maintenance which requires lifting a wheel off the ground. It can raise the front or rear wheel on bikes weighing up to up to 240kg (530 lbs).

The Trail Jack Stand weighs only 140 grams (4.9 oz) And it also fits any 25 cm (10 inches) tool roll.

tj-assembly_landscape-jpg.jpg

The Story

Trail jack stands have been around for a long time. Rolling Mavericks' UltraLight Enduro Trail Jack Stand is my idea of a trail jack 2.0, as I wanted to design an improved version. I've used a homemade one for years and never hit the trail without it. It is a simple but handy emergency tool whenever you get a flat on the trail. It beats looking for rocks or sticks to raise your bike, and it is a must-have if you're riding terrain without a tree or rock in sight.

tj-wide_frontwheelremoved_f_m-jpg.jpg

The good, the bad, and the ugly

Nonetheless, I've always had two gripes with regular trail jacks, including my homemade one. Firstly, they are heavy. Most trail stands weigh anywhere from 250 to 450 grams, and every gram counts when riding Enduro or travelling the world on your adventure bike with luggage.

Secondly, a trail jack foot or Y support is bulky. If they are permanently attached to the jack, they are often too long, thick, and wide to fit in most tool rolls.

I designed The Rolling Mavericks' UltraLight Enduro Trail Jack Stand to be ultralight and compact when packed. The kit, including the spring clip and front brake velcro strap lock, weighs only 140 grams, and you can take it apart for easy flat packing in your tool roll.

The use of o-rings makes it easy and quick to put the jack together or take it apart. Yet, when assembled, they hold the different parts together with just enough friction to prevent them from falling out.

tj_toolroll_brand_close-jpg.jpg

With the parts disassembled, the foot is only 6 mm high and packs flat. The outer tube is the thickest part at 18 mm. The Rolling Mavericks' UltraLight Enduro Trail Jack Stand fits right next to my Motion Pro T6 tire levers inside my tool roll. It takes up minimal space without adding much weight.

It's all in the details!

Usually, the Velcro strap used for locking up the front brake when jacking the rear wheel is wide and thick, making it bulky to pack. Also, often it is one-sided Velcro making it very fiddly to install. The UltraLight Enduro Trail Jack Stand uses a thin and narrow, 12 mm double-sided Velcro strap. So no more fiddling to lock the brake.

The UltraLight Enduro Trail Jack Stand has everything you need to use this tool, including a stainless steel spring clip and spare o-rings.

tj_teneree_w-mod-jpg.jpg

Ultralight, but is it strong enough to hold my 200+ kg bike with luggage?

That's a question I'm often asked, but I'm not going to tell you that it can. After all, seeing is believing

TJ_ktm450_w.jpg

TJ_KTM890_RW.jpg

TJ_Teneree_rear.jpg

TJ_wide_HuskyFe_M.jpg

To celebrate Rolling Mavericks' presence on ADVbikes, I'm discounting all products in the Rolling Mavericks webshop 20 percent (valid until the 11th of februari 2023)

Click the link below, and once you fill your basket, the 20% discount is automatically applied at checkout.

20% discount link

You can also use the discount code ADVbikes20 manually at checkout.

For many countries, free shipping is available depending on your spending.

Greetings from Amsterdam

David

Nice offer. I thought earlier today it said 11 JAN . Glad to see the offer open until 11 FEB 2023

I agree. Iirc, David has a U.S. distributor or something similar to keep shipping costs down.
I actually don't have any distributors except in Norway. All the products are shipped from the Netherlands. I use a fulfilment centre and they offer reasonable international rates on smaller and light products.

Ahh, those boxes were the Asahi Lightools from Japan. Next month I'm getting another load of Asahi's.

Fulfilment centres are everywhere, think Amazon etc. I love it. Before I had to pack each order myself and drop them off at the Post Office or UPS etc. Now I don't pack or ship anything anymore and shipping is also about half price compared to before.

It has been a long, almost four-month, wait but all the Asahi tools are back in stock and more...

I also have some new Asahi products such as this high-quality Asahi LIGHTOOL 72 teeth 3/8" ratchet that weighs only 178 grams ( 6.3 oz) is up to 40% lighter than most 3/8' ratchets and is just as strong.

Besides the Japanese-made six-piece open-ended Asahi LIGHTOOL spanner set being back in stock I now also carry a similar six-piece combination spanner set.

Let's finish that off with a nice customer picture of the Trail Jack in action in Morocco.

IMG_0902.jpg
AS_LVR-38-ratc_total3.jpg
AS_LVR-38-ratc_toolroll.jpg
AS_LVR-38-ratc_socket.jpg
AS_LVR-38-ratc_comp3_weights.jpg

IMG_0905.jpg

Jacinto RMs Husky 501-2.jpg

Last edited:
I have some new Asahi tools in the Rolling Mavericks assortment. The Asahi LIGHTOOL 3/8" ratchet handle is popular so I also added Asahi LIGHTOOL 1/2" ratchet handle to the assortment.

To make the 3/8" ratchet more versatile I now also sell Asahi 3/8" to 1/4" drive socket adapter and 3/8" to 1/2". I ditched the 1/4" Wera ratchet and Motion Pro 3.8" adapter that fits the T6 Combo Tyre levers for the Asahi ratchet with 1/4" drive socket adapter.

And we now also carry top-notch Asahi Torque wrenches with replaceable 3/8 ratchet heads. They're costly but what a joy to work with. I've been using cheap Chinese torque wrenches until now but you can really feel the difference in price when torquing down bolts and nuts with these Asahi wrenches.

as_lvr-38-12-ratc_b-jpg.jpg

as_lvr-12-ratc_weight2-jpg.jpg

as_lvr-38-ratc_comp3_weights-jpg.jpg

as-38adapter-12-jpg.jpg

as-38adapter-14-jpg.jpg

as-torq-both-heads-jpg.jpg

Besides regular mail shipping which is cheap but slow we now also offer DHL Express shipping which will take anywhere from 2 to 8 days depending on the country.

To celebrate all these wonderful toys I'm offering a 15% AdvBikes discount on everything in the store for the coming 30 days. You can either click this link or add the coupon code AdvBikes15 at checkout. The discount will be calculated at the checkout.

The Rolling Mavericks Ultralight Enduro Trail Jack Stand is back in stock!

I received a batch of 400 and in the last few days, I've been prepping all the parts fitting o-rings, packing and delivering them to my warehouse for shipment.

IMG_1276.jpeg

The Rolling Mavericks Ultralight Enduro Trail Jack Stand was already the world's lightest and most compact trail jack, but the new version 3 is even lighter, leaner, and meaner!

For owners of the previous version, an upgrade kit is available.

I have the old original RM kit

how much is the upgrade kit ?

Back
Top Bottom