What's new

Rotella T6

woods

Yawp.
Mod
ADV+
Member Number
Yawp, so apparently this stuff is all gone.

The old Honda Shadow needs an oil change. All my bikes have been getting T6.

Would NAPA Diesel 15 40 be the same thing?

Not sure, one would have to look at the back label to see which JASO it is. I've gone back to yamalube myself in it's absence

No where to be found here in SW NM. I know my truck is going to need a fresh batch soon

Yawp, so apparently this stuff is all gone.

The old Honda Shadow needs an oil change. All my bikes have been getting T6.

Would NAPA Diesel 15 40 be the same thing?
It looks like the only difference is that the Napa oil lacks the CH-4 designation. CH-4 seems to be needed for diesel fuels containing sulfur, so maybe it isn't needed in gasoline applications?

woods Still no T6 for you? I'm not seeing it anywhere either. I am finding some T4 on the shelves though so I just went back to that for the bikes. I figure it's got more zinc content so it's probably not any worse for the bike and I'll just change it out slightly more often.

woods Still no T6 for you? I'm not seeing it anywhere either. I am finding some T4 on the shelves though so I just went back to that for the bikes. I figure it's got more zinc content so it's probably not any worse for the bike and I'll just change it out slightly more often.
Nothing. We got T4 though.

I have found it online for like $40 though.

I found some T6 in a local Walmart in DFW a few weeks ago in 2.5 gallon containers. I bought both containers on the shelf.

I went early last Sunday morning thinking maybe some over night stocking had something on the shelves. First was an auto parts store, they laughed when I asked about T6 :). Next was Walmart, they had 3, 1 gallon jugs @ $23.44 ea. That should last me through the year.

I was just in my local Walmart and there was no Rotella of any kind on the shelf. None, zip, nada.

You can order online and ship to store for free at Wallyworld, FYI. There's never any T6 at my local store, or the high zinc classic, both of which can be bought in gallon jugs and delivered to a pickup locker.
That's great to know.

Thanks

You can order online and ship to store for free at Wallyworld, FYI. There's never any T6 at my local store, or the high zinc classic, both of which can be bought in gallon jugs and delivered to a pickup locker.
Just FYI, the Walmart in Claremont NH had a shelf full of T6 on Tuesday morning this week and I grabbed two gallons.

Back
Top Bottom