What's new

Scooter Rallies, what are your experiences?

klaviator

Scooter Trash
Member Number
While scooter rallies, at least in the U.S. aren't anywhere near as big or popular as motorcycle rallies. There is no scooter equivalent to Sturgis or Daytona. But there are scooter rallies. Who has been to scooter rallies and what was your experience?

When I got a scooter I joined the local FB scooter club and saw some info on scooter rallies. Typically they were held in big cities like Memphis, Nashville, and New Orleans where there was an active scooter club to host the rally. I never made it to any of those. I have only made it to smaller scooter rallies that were more like the HSTA rallies I went to in the past.

My first scooter rally was Scooting the Ozarks back in 2013. STO is held every year in Eureka Springs. AR in September. There are a lot of good roads in the area for day rides in every direction out of Eureka springs. There was a rally fee and the rally was reasonably well organized. It was pretty hot when I went in 2013 and IMO the roads were not as good as the Smokies but it was still fun. I planned on going back again but so far haven't made it.

I did a ride report if anyone is interested: https://www.advrider.com/f/threads/scooting-the-ozarks.921267/

I was under the impression Ameriavespa was huge.

I was under the impression Ameriavespa was huge.
Amerivespa in Minneapolis had about 500 participants. By comparison, there were nearly 500,000 at Sturgis. Huge is a perspective.

The previous several years, I received thumbs up and a few "Nice Vespa" comments at Sturgis. This year, riding my Honda CTX there, I was invisible.

From what I've seen they all turn into orgies at the end of the night. Wait ... that's renaissance fairs. Nevermind

Amerivespa in Minneapolis had about 500 participants. By comparison, there were nearly 500,000 at Sturgis. Huge is a perspective.

The previous several years, I received thumbs up and a few "Nice Vespa" comments at Sturgis. This year, riding my Honda CTX there, I was invisible.
But, does anyone but drunks even care about Sturgis?

But, does anyone but drunks even care about Sturgis?
I'm not a drunk, and I quite enjoy Sturgis. Guessing you haven't been there? Some people have preconceived notions that aren't based on first hand experience. No doubt there is plenty of drinking among many attendees, but my experience has been it is more about people who enjoy riding. But, that's only based on 30 or so Sturgis rallies.

Top Bottom Back Refresh