What's new

Scooter vs motorcyle

I have three Ice Bear 150 scooters (GY6). The first one has over 8000 km on it with no issues and the other two haven't been used much. One is in the mountains of WNC and the other was my ride on Sanibel Island at our cottage there and luckily it wasn't there when hurricane Ian destroyed the cottage. I think I will leave it out at the ranch 30 miles east of Fort Myers, FL. They are very good to ride around town but top out at 55 or 60 MPH which is fine for me. They are very simple to ride and maintain. The first one I bought is a 2000 which cost $1,000 delivered to my house. The other two are newer and I think the price now is about $1400 or so for the same scooters.
I think they are decent quality and don't make the mistake of trying to soup them up. If you want a faster scooter buy one with more ccs.
The small bike in the photo is a DF250RTG which is a fun ride.
IMG_2023-04-30-11-11-20-107.jpg

20211007_143915.jpg
IMG_2023-04-14-13-43-17-024.jpg
that pic really makes your Dong look tiny.

Actually I ended up at advrider from the xt225 forum following Barnone and JerryH. I lurked for over a decade. The xt forum had some mopedarmy members...JerryH and Chopper Charles. I never joined moped army but I still own two tomos sprints. I have kept up with all the reviews from everyone.

Ahh still cant make up my mind. I have 3 plated bikes in NC with the the extra cost. Tomorrow I will plate the vstar1300.
20230525_210736.jpg

At least the bike will be ridden. The quickest and cheapest solution will be implemented.

Actually I ended up at advrider from the xt225 forum following Barnone and JerryH. I lurked for over a decade. The xt forum had some mopedarmy members...JerryH and Chopper Charles. I never joined moped army but I still own two tomos sprints. I have kept up with all the reviews from everyone.

Ahh still cant make up my mind. I have 3 plated bikes in NC with the the extra cost. Tomorrow I will plate the vstar1300.
20230525_210736.jpg

At least the bike will be ridden. The quickest and cheapest solution will be implemented.
guess ill be seeing you over at starbikeforums....my other bike is a road star.

guess ill be seeing you over at starbikeforums....my other bike is a road star.
Nice. I bought this as a left over in 2015. Freaking wicked motor. I have a little experience tuning my neighbors road star. Actually the star bikes are unreal. The 1300 engine would be awesome in an adv bike. Its peaky with a big clutch. Not really a cruiser engine. Anything below 50mph is 3rd gear.

Back
Top Bottom