What's new

Scottish Six Day Trial Thread

Nhuskys

Member Number
After being cancelled for 2020 and 2021, the world's greatest trial is back for 2022. Tuesday was the deadline for payments of entries selected in the ballot. The official entry list should be posted soon. I'm curious if any USA or Canadian riders will be going this year?

Like so many events, they don't update their website very often, but use FB to get info out.....

Only read bout it here. Yinz, you need to compete.

1643920822154.png

For Canadians Jonathan English is in and I’ll find out if Stan Bakaart is going, he had paid and was going to go when it was canceled the first time for the Vid…. Not sure if anyone else is in or not. Bucket list item for me as well!

For Canadians Jonathan English is in and I’ll find out if Stan Bakaart is going, he had paid and was going to go when it was canceled the first time for the Vid…. Not sure if anyone else is in or not. Bucket list item for me as well!
I know they rolled the entries over from 2020 to 2021, but I think they returned all the entry fees and it was a clean slate for 2022....

I really enjoy watching this event or the highlights. Not a bucket list item for me, being such a newcomer to this sport. But one thing the Scottish is for some of the locals here is motivation to try and create the same thing here in a one day event (so more like the Scott I guess).

Anyone with this on their bucket list should just plan and go. It’s pretty much a lifetime ago, but I rode (and finished) in ‘86 on my TY350 that I prepped here and shipped over.

Thierry Michaud was the minute in front of me in the start order, and Mick Andrews was the minute behind. It absolutely pissed rain all 6 days, and it was a real grind to get back to parc ferme each day.

As part of your training, put on all your riding gear, then stand in the shower with just the cold water running for hours on end. :-)

A friend from Alabama has done the Pre-65 several times. i'd love to do something stupid and ride a big thumper there.

Rider list posted. Only one USA rider Jeffrey Salois and two Canadians Jonathan English and Stan Batgaard.
Unusual not to see Denis on the list, he hasn’t missed many lately. Nice to see Stan’s name on the list because that means he will want to ride the hell out of the creek sections at his place when he gets back from Baja next month….excellent excuse for me to go visit!

Great to see 2 Canadians ! - haven't booked my flight yet but there is a direct flight from NS to the UK - but it is a long drive from Gatwick to Fort William - should be a lot of fun :-)

A quick tabulation of entries by bike brand.... Beta still leads the way, but numbers are down from 2018. Vertigo is number 2 and had the most increase. Montesa, Sherco, TRS, Gas Gas, Scorpa. 6 Yamaha, 2 EM, 2 Fantic, and 1 TBC ? fill out the field. Only 2 more TRS 29 than GG 27 is the most surprising. EM should be interesting for sure.

I asked Danny @ Trialtube about the EM, he said he "drowned" the bike during his testing and it wasn't affected at all by the submersion in water. I could imagine the EM being a real weapon in the Six Day without having to worry about fuel or carb issues.

Back
Top Bottom