What's new

Screw-in tire plugs

TravelinLite

ADV+
Member Number
A friend of mine told me about screw-in tire plugs so I just ordered a box (100 in the box) for $11.

Anyone here have experience with screw-in plugs? They look to be a great solution to a flat out on the road.

Never heard of em. Googled it and the image makes sense. Interesting

Only ever used the strips and mushroom types or back in the day the older glue in patch plug style. I like the look / idea of these screw ins and will try them thanks.

Got the chance to try these yesterday on a 288 mile ride. In prepping the bike I noticed a nail dead center of the rear tire. After removing the nail, screwing in the tire plug and checking for leaks a few times no leaks were found.

Got the chance to try these yesterday on a 288 mile ride. In prepping the bike I noticed a nail dead center of the rear tire. After removing the nail, screwing in the tire plug and checking for leaks a few times no leaks were found.
Just confirming... you went on the ride and got back with no problems, no leaks?

I have used DynaPlugs successflly and as some else stated.
I have them as well and used them on my mom's car, I also have the Neely kit and the mushrooms that I also have used with great success. Whatever you use it has to sort of has to "match' the puncture you want to fix. YMMV

Just saw this thread. I've never heard of these but ordered a pack. Looks like a great idea.

Just ordered a small pack myself... having been stuck with a flat tire on an I95 exit ramp I'm quite happy to carry several different kinds of tire plug kits and a small compressor. Maybe it will increase the odds of at least getting out of there to someplace more convenient...

Maybe it will increase the odds of at least getting out of there to someplace more convenient...
And that's the #1 take-away. Minimal tools, quick fix, & on the road.
BTW, a friend is now riding with one of these plugs in a tire of his jeep.

Top Bottom Back Refresh