What's new

seat cushion

Alex

HI Everyone. I just picked my z400 yesterday at the dealer. Rode it home. Man the seat is like sitting on plywood. Does anyone know of a cushion? Also is the z400 same as ninja 400? I know its a stupid question. but like are some of the parts interchange. I search for things abt z400. I get ninja stuff. Thanks

It can be hard to determine but the first thing to figure out is why the seat feels hard.

Is the foam actually too hard? Probably not, but that's usually where our brain goes.

Or is the foam too soft and you're completely compressing it, eventually sitting on the hard plastic seat pan? 99% of the time that's actually the case.

Which means you probably actually need stiffer seat foam to get comfortable. But there's always a period where your butt has to get used to a new bike. A new seat always feels bad but I almost always am able to adapt to a new seat and eventually find is perfectly fine.

Might try good bicycle shorts with padding and chamois. I did for years. Under leathers, TD, squirming all over saddle all day. Big help.

Amazon product ASIN B0927BP4VV
I got one of these and managed a 2k mile road trip in 3ish riding days, cheap hasnt moved on me when in the canyons and I'm moving about the seat
d4U-IAX-oCGgy&_nc_ad=z-m&_nc_cid=0&_nc_ht=scontent.jpg
You can see it on the orange bike in the background

I have an air hawk , a sheep skin as well as bicycle shorts the air hawk around 1/2 full is the pick

Air Hawk, Alaska Leathers sheepskin butt pad, LD Comfort shorts or tights, Moto-Skiveez padded shorts, and aftermarket seats, are the more successful ways I've used over the years to get more seat comfort. If you go Air Hawk, just ensure you inflate it correctly, which is to say "just barely" -- it should look nearly uninflated with no weight on it.

Back
Top Bottom