What's new

Shall we try Formula 1 thread for 2023.

Amos Malone

Member Number
First race is in 48 days.
Many questions.
Few answers.

Will the Belgian racing driver win the championship again?
Has Mercedes made a car that Hamilton can use to win races?
Will George beat him to it?
Will Perez take off the gloves?
Will Ferrari get better results?

Max has Belgian mother, is born in Belgium, is raised in Belgium, went to school in Belgium, etc. Max has never paid taxes in the Netherlands.
His father is Dutch, so therefor Max also has claim to be Dutch. When Max started racing it was more convenient for him to race as Dutch. He lives in Monaco now.
When he wins I don't hear the Belgian national anthem but the Dutch one... :deal

When he wins I don't hear the Belgian national anthem but the Dutch one... :deal
I wouldn't know either of the anthems.
"Although Verstappen has a Belgian mother, was born in Belgium and resided in Bree, Belgium, he decided to compete with a Dutch racing licence because he "feels more Dutch","
Screenshot 2023-01-17 at 20.16.37.png

I hope Haas has a better weekend than usual. I'm always pulling for them even though I am a Red Bull/Max Verstappen fan. Max is a fun driver to watch. I dig his aggressive racing style.

I'm a long time Williams fan, so for me Williams is the favorite underdog. Haas is close second.

[UWSL]A friend of mine said. "In a Harry Potter world MV, would be the leader of Slytherin." I think that's an apt description. I would like to see Max teamed up with Alonso. [/UWSL]

Last edited:
Crazy to see how Max Verstappen overtook all those cars while on hard tires. He's in another league. It's been an amazing thing to see how he has developed over the years. Haas did a lot better than previous races. I still would like to see them have an outstanding season for a change. McLaren is a dumpster fire.

He is a really good racing driver, with a really good car, that has been tailored to him.
At 25 he is just reaching the sweet spot of super fast reflexes being backed up by vast experience.

I still don't like him. :D

He is a really good racing driver, with a really good car, that has been tailored to him.
At 25 he is just reaching the sweet spot of super fast reflexes being backed up by vast experience.

I still don't like him. :D
Same could be said about Hamilton. It still takes an immense amount of skill and fortitude to handle a vehicle of that nature. Put me in it and watch me wipe out within the first lap. It's also on the pit crew. The car isn't shit without those madlads maintaining the vehicle. Red Bull poached some of the Mercedes crew. I knew this year would turn that car into a rocket.

Since you hate Max, here is the greatest song ever made! Yes, I'm aware Max hates it but appreciates the song.

I feel I must correct your statement. I don't hate Max. He has lots of talent and fully deserves his success. (Well, apart from the first title. But he was there to take it when it was given to him). I do think he's an unpleasant character. For a person excelling in certain sport he shows very little sportsmanship. I have never seen him do anything kind to anyone. Maybe I'll witness that later. Hamilton has at least done something for others and fought against discrimination. "Black lives matter." etc. not that I'm too fond of him either. Unfortunately the days of gentlemen racers like Sterling Moss are over.

Last edited:
I feel I must correct your statement. I don't hate Max. He has lots of talent and fully deserves his success. (Well, apart from the first title. But he was there to take it when it was given to him). I do think he's an unpleasant character. For a person excelling in certain sport he shows very little sportsmanship. I have never seen him do anything kind to anyone. Maybe I'll witness that later. Hamilton has at least done something for others and fought against discrimination. "Black lives matter." etc. not that I'm too fond of him either. Unfortunately the days of gentlemen racers like Sterling Moss are over.
He's all business come race week. If you watch his streams while he's sim racing, there is a different side to him. I think some of the internal politics, pressure to maintain his status at Oracle Red Bull, and other things mess with his psyche. I'm also sure his father being an insufferable prick doesn't help. Toto Wolf seems like a dickhead during race week. I've seen plenty of video of him cutting loose and being a total goofball outside of the sport.

What I find overall hilarious is how Formula 1 loves to virtue signal about the sport being for everyone when the ticket prices are outrageous and all the drivers come from very well off families. They're one of the most exclusive clubs on the planet.

With age comes maturity. I'm sure he'll be different character in 10 years. Like we all. :)

F1 has been business first for many years. People are paying for that. While they can sell this stuff we'll continue seeing tickets at sky high prices and pizza slices sold for 370 USD at races.

Next race is in Italy. Want to guess the winner?

Back
Top Bottom