What's new

Sherco 2T and 4T Enduro bikes

Dirt Surfer

Member Number
This is the place to discuss the Sherco Enduro line. Sherco Trials bikes are (or will be) in their respective section.

I've been keeping my eye on the Sherco bikes for a while, and like what I see. The promo video above is excellent. It portrays a lot of passion for the bikes and riders.

I just pulled the trigger on a 2022 300 SEF Factory.

I'll be sharing my experiences as am sure that there are others like me that have been on the fence for a while.

I spent the weekend going over the bike. I am enjoying the process of taking my time and becoming familiar with it.

It is refreshing to see a steering head bearing that is properly lubricated. Same goes for the swing arm pivot and linkage bearings. All the wiring seems to be properly routed and secured neatly.

I left the suspension settings alone. I confirmed the number of clicks, and will revisit this topic once I've ridden the bike for a while. I will set the sag later on, as well.

The tool kit does not come with tools to remove the wheel axles.
headscratch.gif
Anyway, that's an easy fix. The rear axle nut is 30mm, and of course, it is a size I do not have. So a run to the hardware store fixed that. Front is a 27mm nut.

These bikes come with a coolant catch tank and manual specifies a minimum coolant level for the catch tank. This is a first. I wonder why a coolant level is required here. Does anyone know?

I like how easy it is to remove the seat. The air box on these Shercos is under the seat. And the battery underneath that. See photo below. I am probably going to come up with a cover for the battery in case air filter oil drips down on it. There is a tilt sensor inside of the UP label. The battery has a button that when pressed, shows the state of charge. Nifty.

IMG_1402.JPG

What drove me to this Sherco? Many things, to name a few:
  • KYB suspension front and rear.
  • Akra full exhaust system.
  • From what I have read and watched, the 300 4T seems to have some "2-stroke characteristics" that are uncommon to other 4t's.
  • And of course, looks. Seriously, guys, look at this thing:

IMG_1403.JPG

IMG_1407.JPG

After wrapping up my post-purchase inspection, I rode it around in the yard for a bit. I can already tell that we're going to get along great.

Incoming farkles are:
  • Skid plate with linkage guard
  • Header pipe guard
  • Clutch slave cylinder guard

I still need to figure out which full wrap handguards to get. I am a fan of the Highway Dirt Bikes. I am not sure if they have a product that will fit this bike. I'll contact them to find out.

I normally do not install rotor guards. I probably wont here either.

I usually do add a steering stabilizer. I am likely to wait and ride for a while before making a decision.

As soon as the stock tires are worn, I am going to install my go-to tires (Goldentyre Fatty front and GT333 rear) with mousses.

On the HDB handguards, I should have mentioned that I also like their handlebar top clamp. I measured and the handlebar top clamp bolt pattern on my bike is 90 x 38 mm, which matches one of the Highway Dirt Bike Top Clamp offerings.

I installed a few items this weekend.

First up is the skid plate. The bike comes with an AXP 6mm plate which provides basic coverage. I opted for the AXP XTREM which covers the linkage and is 8mm thick. It also provides some protection to the water pump. The installation was very straight forward.

Comparing the stock versus the XTREM plates.

img_1425-jpg.jpg

img_1426-jpg.jpg

img_1429-jpg.jpg

img_1432-jpg.jpg

img_1433-jpg.jpg

The XTREM also provides some coverage to the frame that supports the footpegs. Nice. (and my cat paid me a visit while I was installing the skid plate)

img_1436-jpg.jpg

I added a header pipe guard as well as a clutch slave case saver. First time I have the counter sprocket exposed like this. I was not expecting it. I assumed the cover would bolt back on. With the changes made, it cannot.

1645504309606.png

img_1442-jpg.jpg

img_1447-jpg.jpg

img_1448-jpg.jpg

And of course, the inaugural ride! There's still snow in my area but I managed to find a section that was relatively clear. The power delivery is very good and completely predictable. Throttle response is as expected. I did not put the suspension to a real test but feels great so far. The bike changes direction very easily. The clutch engagement is in a different zone than on my other bikes and seat time will take care of that.

I only rode for 20 miles. I am impressed by this 300 4 stroke!

img_1450-jpg.jpg

Carry on fine sir Dirt Surfer. Sherco has my eye as well
I’ll update you guys as my experience with the bike increases. So far, I’ve only been able to take it on one real trail ride (snow came back to my area).

The clutch pull is a bit on the hard side. I’ve read about a few mods such as removing two of the six clutch springs. Instead, I installed a Midwest Mountain Engineering clutch lever. Will give that a try first before getting into the clutch.

I’ll update you guys as my experience with the bike increases. So far, I’ve only been able to take it on one real trail ride (snow came back to my area).

The clutch pull is a bit on the hard side. I’ve read about a few mods such as removing two of the six clutch springs. Instead, I installed a Midwest Mountain Engineering clutch lever. Will give that a try first before getting into the clutch.
Spendy but unbelievable, check out the voodoo magic of the Clake One Light Clutch. It's amazing.

Love the 300 4T Sherco. It's Goldilocks

Spendy but unbelievable, check out the voodoo magic of the Clake One Light Clutch. It's amazing.

Love the 300 4T Sherco. It's Goldilocks
I installed the Mid West Mountain Engineering clutch lever. The process of installing and adjusting it takes some patience, but it delivers as intended. I can see how some dismiss this product claiming it causes drag, accelerates clutch wear, or makes it harder to find neutral. My experience has been positive so far. I recently changed the gear oil and nothing to be worried there.

Last edited:
Have not been in this forum for a bit. Here are my most recent changes to my 300SEF:

- Installed mousses and Goldentyre rubber. I have been running the fatty front and GT333 in the rear on other bikes for a few years now, and like the combo. The stock Michelin tires had been performing better than I expected and saved them for a rainy day.

- Replaced stock footpegs with Flo Motorsport ones. The Flo's are "lower and further back". I found the shift and rear brake levers to be too close to my feet with the stock pegs. The result has been positive so far.

I'm right at 20 hours on this bike.

Back
Top Bottom