What's new

Shock Rebuilding on the East Coast?

Chickenstrip

Member Number
Hi Folks,

The Penske shock on my bike just sprung a leak, so I'm looking for a rebuild by shop that's closer than farther. I know of Race Tech out in CA, but there's gotta be a quality shop closer to me, yes? I know Penske has a service, but getting a price wasn't easy and I imagine they'd charge more than an independent shop. Got any suggestions?

Severna Park, MD - still pretty far away but they do a lot of fork and shock rebuilding. I've had them overhaul forks on 2 of my bikes (Bandit and R6) and convert an ebay GSXR-1k for the Bandit- great work. I attended a seminar he held on rebuilding shocks for old BMW GS's- ie make the old worn out shocks usable and a bit more modern.

I wouldn't hesitate to send him the Penske off my current bike when the time comes.

Last edited:
Thanks! I'm checking them out. Shock rebuilding isn't listed in Services but I'll contact them.

Open to more suggestions, y'all!

If you're local to Southwest Virginia come on by and I'll help you knock it out one Saturday morning or something.

If you're local to Southwest Virginia come on by and I'll help you knock it out one Saturday morning or something.
Thanks for the offer, Shinyribs ... I'm up in NYC. It would be fun to rebuild it myself, but between not having done it and living in an apartment with no 'cave,' it would be hard for me.

Top Bottom Back Refresh