What's new

Shooting, Guns & Ammo, Hunting

They are called Punt Guns,

several on display at the Texas Rangers Hall of Fame in Waco

Also on display at the Havre De Grace Decoy Museum (WORTH a Trip if you are a serious duck hunter or art lover, the hand painted decoys are inspiring)

1651159104274.png
Summer job late50s, Palo Pinto County, helped a Ranger unload trunk of his duty car.

Goodness Gracious

I see that BETA has been been giving design advise to PSA

1651436077446.png

Found some CCI target .22 ammo at wallyworld yesterday. My Walter P22 is super picky about ammo, it likes CCI almost exclusively.
When i was shooting IHMSA with Freedom Arms .22LR 5 shooter the match chamber / barrels on those would not accept the CCI Target ammo due to the projectile being too fat. Dam thing loved the expensive Eley ammo and could almost stay with my Annie out to 100 meters.
My Sako & CZ rimfire rifles however loved the CCI. I think that fatter projectile is one of the accuracy factors with that ammo.

But only everybody who visits here, probably no one in your neighborhood.
Who's to say the idea wasn't shared to other social media sites? Stuff gets quickly spread around far and wide these days.

The only way to keep a secret is not to tell ANYONE. Once you tell someone you no longer have control of the information. But then, some people don't give a shit if their private info is spread all over the world. But, that may be a topic for the sub-basement.

A punt was/is a vintage wooden row boat that had the Gun attached to it.

The Punt boat was moved in to range of a flock of ducks or geese on a body of water.

The Market Hunter touched off the gun and harvested the resulting kills.

Thus the reference to a PUNT Gun

I'd like to see a cutaway of the U.S. Army's new 3D printed suppressor. The design is said to require an additive process to form the baffles.
Sinter Technology has been around for a long time, esp in Aviation

Side Charger uppers , eliminate the typical charging handle blowback.

as far as design for printed vs welded, it need thicker cross-section, or added structural ribs, like the the honeycomb as shown

I think we all are waiting to see the long term report/analysis on the M5

Sinter Technology has been around for a long time, esp in Aviation

In firearms and medical devices as well. Generally much more expensive than traditional machine processes. Where it (mim) shines is small intricate parts. Every major gun mfg will have the equipment for converting sintered metal to a functional part. Got to work with Taurus on a previous project. Visiting the Miami facility was always a treat. 1m sqft of inventory, indoor range, could shoot any or all the products even though the project was not firearms related.

Sounds like a dream job with a perk. If that included free ammo, Whoa....

about time...

1654716248331.png

Shooting suppressed is beneficial for hearing safety; however, it's currently illegal to use a silencer while hunting in Vermont. Fortunately, that's about to change as a new law allows responsible gun owners in the Green Mountain state to expand the usage of their suppressors.

about time...

1654716248331.png

Shooting suppressed is beneficial for hearing safety; however, it's currently illegal to use a silencer while hunting in Vermont. Fortunately, that's about to change as a new law allows responsible gun owners in the Green Mountain state to expand the usage of their suppressors.

Fed tax stamp and requirements still apply.

Yup,
All silencers and short barreled rifles require the purchase of a $200 Federal Tax Stamp. The National Firearms Act (NFA) introduced in 1934 requires NFA firearms to be registered and taxed.

The $200 making and transfer taxes on most NFA firearms were considered quite severe and adequate to carry out Congress’ purpose to discourage or eliminate transactions in these firearms. The $200 tax has not changed since 1934.

think about that for a minute.. $4315 per can if it was adj of inflation

1654774071867.png

That would be prohibitive! Probably requires an act of congress to change?

Top Bottom Back Refresh