What's new

Shooting, Guns & Ammo, Hunting

yes, an act of congress woudl be needed to change it.

Over time, Congress was busy with other things, thing WWII Funding, Korea, Vietnam eras, nothing changed on the NFA act.. Good For the hunting public anyway.

1654868964728.png

GENESEO, ILL. (6/8/22) – Springfield Armory® is proud to announce the release of a pair of exclusive .308 M1A™ rifles in Two-Tone Desert FDE, developed specifically for sale by Nation’s Best Sports (NBS).

MSRP for the M1A Standard Issue Two-Tone Desert FDE is $1,847, while the M1A Scout Squad Two-Tone Desert FDE has an MSRP of $1,980.

M1A Standard Issue – Two-Tone Desert FDE .308 | MA9116

M1A Scout Squad™ – Two-Tone Desert FDE .308 | AA9116

To see the M1A Standard Issue – Two-Tone Desert FDE, visit https://spr-ar.com/r/5200.

To see the M1A Scout Squad™ – Two-Tone Desert FDE, visit https://spr-ar.com/r/5199.

interesting HI is on the list for non can hunting

1656428774901.png

1654868964728.png

GENESEO, ILL. (6/8/22) – Springfield Armory® is proud to announce the release of a pair of exclusive .308 M1A™ rifles in Two-Tone Desert FDE, developed specifically for sale by Nation’s Best Sports (NBS).

MSRP for the M1A Standard Issue Two-Tone Desert FDE is $1,847, while the M1A Scout Squad Two-Tone Desert FDE has an MSRP of $1,980.

M1A Standard Issue – Two-Tone Desert FDE .308 | MA9116

M1A Scout Squad™ – Two-Tone Desert FDE .308 | AA9116

To see the M1A Standard Issue – Two-Tone Desert FDE, visit https://spr-ar.com/r/5200.

To see the M1A Scout Squad™ – Two-Tone Desert FDE, visit https://spr-ar.com/r/5199.
Anyone know what California dealers are asking for these rifles?

Anyone Else Running walther PDP full size? cant decide on which red dot to run on it. I can get decent deal on Leupold which puts it very on par with Holosun

Cant really go wrong with a Leupold. or Trijicon, top shelf stuff right there

New ammo, minor adjustments to the 300 AAC Holosun to account for the change in point of impact.

HBcrjhe.jpg

5nuk9Kd.jpg

New Primary Arms ACSS 5.56 SFP scope on the 16". The barrel is a 1/7 twist, so I bought three boxes of 20 of varying weights to see what it liked better.

9x1oU7b.jpg

Tried:
  1. American Eagle 75 grain
  2. Federal 55 grain
  3. Federal 77 grain

fully expecting to see that it preferred a heavier grain projectile at 100 yards. Such was not the case. Same scope settings, 55 grain was fired immediately after the 75 grain AE.

cBXNjkH.jpg

This one fell between the two in accuracy, so I'm left to assume that American Eagle is just crap.

xujNwsa.jpg

On one hand, I'm kind of glad it still prefers 55 grain as that is the most common round. On the other, I was hoping for more. Such is the case with a cheap-as-chips PSA pencil barrel I guess. I now guessing that my 300 AAC 10.5" could out-shoot it if given the same 1x8 SFP scope.

that checks out

1:7 seems to like lighter 55gr
1:8 is the "do all" twist rate
1:9 seems to like heavier 70gr+

that checks out

1:7 seems to like lighter 55gr
1:8 is the "do all" twist rate
1:9 seems to like heavier 70gr+
That doesn't seem right. US M16's and M4's went from 1:12 to 1:9 still using the 55 grain. It was the push to heavier bullets that brought about 1:8 and 1:7 twist rates I thought. At least that is what I recall from having lived in the USA over the last 20 years.

I got it backwards. You are right

1660236743813.png

Last edited:
I picked up a S&W pistol recently. I'm not a gun aficionado. I'm not sure what it's even called. Been carrying an old police issue CZ for ages ( still my most favorite gun I've ever owned) but .32 ammo is just impossible to find. Stopped in a gunshop to randomly see about getting some .32, got frustrated and decided to just buy a damn 9mm already. I've got nerve damage in my right hand from a wood carving accident and am not much good with a pistol anymore. But at 20 yds I can hold 4-6" groups with this new S&W pistol. Im usually lucky to hit a stop sign at 20yds when one handing a pistol. I dunno why it works so good for me, it just does.

But man, this gun was a mess right out of the box. Grouped great, but shot 18" low at only 15 yds and the 13rd mag would jam up the gun if you ran more than 10 rds in it. Feed pressure was so bad it'd literally lock the slide up. Sent it back to S&W and they agreed the sights were a mess. They fixed all that but scratch the hell out of the gun in the process. They also, apparently, had to dab white paint in the sight dots and had paint dots on the slide 😂 I'm gonna beat the shit out of the thing with it rattling around in lunchboxes, saddle bags, etc...but c'mon.

Funniest part was talking on the phone with customer service and explaining the magazine feeding/jamming issues. A quick trip around Google says they've been fighting this for a long time, so S&W are aware. Anyway, I told the fella that my gun jams if I run more than 10rds in the 13rd clip. One of the most memorable conversations of my life....

" Just run ten rounds then"

" Buts it's advertised as holding 13"

"It does hold 13"

"Yeah, but you can't fire it with 13 because it'll jam"

"Then run 10"

"I don't think that's how it's supposed to work"

"I'm just trying to give you a reasonable solution "

"I don't think that's a reasonable solution "

I kid you not, this was his response...

"Look, I don't know where you hang out. But if you're regularly finding yourself needing more than ten rounds of ammo to get yourself out of a situation then maybe you need to reconsider the places you go"

😂😂😂 Could not help but to laugh at him for a very long time.

His supervisor ended admitting that their mag springs aren't up to the task and they've been struggling with it for some time. He sent me a $50 gift card so I could buy a MagGuts kit to fix my pistol, which it did....while adding another two rounds! Can't help but thinking that S&W simply needs to contract MagGuts to make all their mag springs for them as S&W can't figure it out and patent laws are protecting the design.

Moral of the story: S&W is a bit of a mess these days. The damn thing sure does shoot good though.

I picked up a S&W pistol recently. I'm not a gun aficionado. I'm not sure what it's even called. Been carrying an old police issue CZ for ages ( still my most favorite gun I've ever owned) but .32 ammo is just impossible to find. Stopped in a gunshop to randomly see about getting some .32, got frustrated and decided to just buy a damn 9mm already. I've got nerve damage in my right hand from a wood carving accident and am not much good with a pistol anymore. But at 20 yds I can hold 4-6" groups with this new S&W pistol. Im usually lucky to hit a stop sign at 20yds when one handing a pistol. I dunno why it works so good for me, it just does.

But man, this gun was a mess right out of the box. Grouped great, but shot 18" low at only 15 yds and the 13rd mag would jam up the gun if you ran more than 10 rds in it. Feed pressure was so bad it'd literally lock the slide up. Sent it back to S&W and they agreed the sights were a mess. They fixed all that but scratch the hell out of the gun in the process. They also, apparently, had to dab white paint in the sight dots and had paint dots on the slide 😂 I'm gonna beat the shit out of the thing with it rattling around in lunchboxes, saddle bags, etc...but c'mon.

Funniest part was talking on the phone with customer service and explaining the magazine feeding/jamming issues. A quick trip around Google says they've been fighting this for a long time, so S&W are aware. Anyway, I told the fella that my gun jams if I run more than 10rds in the 13rd clip. One of the most memorable conversations of my life....

" Just run ten rounds then"

" Buts it's advertised as holding 13"

"It does hold 13"

"Yeah, but you can't fire it with 13 because it'll jam"

"Then run 10"

"I don't think that's how it's supposed to work"

"I'm just trying to give you a reasonable solution "

"I don't think that's a reasonable solution "

I kid you not, this was his response...

"Look, I don't know where you hang out. But if you're regularly finding yourself needing more than ten rounds of ammo to get yourself out of a situation then maybe you need to reconsider the places you go"

😂😂😂 Could not help but to laugh at him for a very long time.

His supervisor ended admitting that their mag springs aren't up to the task and they've been struggling with it for some time. He sent me a $50 gift card so I could buy a MagGuts kit to fix my pistol, which it did....while adding another two rounds! Can't help but thinking that S&W simply needs to contract MagGuts to make all their mag springs for them as S&W can't figure it out and patent laws are protecting the design.

Moral of the story: S&W is a bit of a mess these days. The damn thing sure does shoot good though.

I bought a S&W Shield back in probably 2018(?) Bought two spare mags (both new OEM S&W). At least one of those mag springs 'failed' in that in less than 400 rounds it lost a lot of its springiness. I replaced it with a 'Z' style aftermarket spring, and stainless steel follower, that gave me an extra round or two in capacity. Not sure why S&W just won't go use that style of spring.

Still, am considering a glock-19 size S&W 2.0 for my next purchase.

I bought a S&W Shield back in probably 2018(?) Bought two spare mags (both new OEM S&W). At least one of those mag springs 'failed' in that in less than 400 rounds it lost a lot of its springiness. I replaced it with a 'Z' style aftermarket spring, and stainless steel follower, that gave me an extra round or two in capacity. Not sure why S&W just won't go use that style of spring.

Still, am considering a glock-19 size S&W 2.0 for my next purchase.
Yep, the MagGuts kits use a z style spring. Plastic follower, though. Good on them for getting a patent on it. S&W would be smart to source springs from MagGuts and advertise that fact on the box. Plus, magazine capacity would instantly increase 2rds with zero further R&D costs on S&W's behalf. Reputation boost and better performance for free = win/win

Old Trusty beside it's replacement. Feels wrong not grabbing the CZ in the morning 😔 Impressive though, that the CZ is 8+1 and the marginally larger S&W is 15+1. Handy for us troublemakers 😂
IMG_20220810_134538586.jpg

Back
Top Bottom