What's new

Show us your family heirloom pics!

ADV+
Member Number
My Gramps in Livermore (Carnegie) CA circa 1970
BCEE68B9-C420-4BC0-AA80-CC80051B87E0.jpeg

When I was a senior in high school my Mom was approached about being in a commercial for the then Lil General convenience stores in Tampa (now Circle K). She had moved up from her first bike, a CT70, all the way to an SL175 in about 2 years riding time. She was cast as the Jonathan Winters Granny character and other than the pics below, did a short clip inside a local house where she opened the refrigerator and saw it was empty, so a trip to the store was next. We took her bike to a Lil General store where she went inside to pick up some things, came out with a bag of stuff, strapped it to the seat, put on her helmet, kickstarted her bike and rode away. The commercial was intended for drive-in theaters locally though we never got to see it.
DP32dne.jpg

Ov8LkyJ.jpg

pgpztJp.jpg

ZYaHGKh.jpg

CP1ywJY.jpg

and yes, for those who might be wondering... she recovered the seat with flowered material. I rode the bike to high school once and when the other guys riding gave me crap about the seat I simply said it was my Mom's bike, conversation over.
x7auFjL.jpg

And before Mom got started riding, she's sitting on my Dad's new SL90 in our front yard.
bfwcPlu.png

and on her second bike, SL100 (no pictures of her on the CT70)
bsVzPmd.jpg

All our bikes during a riding break one weekend. My Dad and a work buddy built toppers for their trucks and ours had a full interior, slept all 3 of us in the long bed '66 F-100
hRKQkPy.jpg

When I was a senior in high school my Mom was approached about being in a commercial for the then Lil General convenience stores in Tampa (now Circle K). She had moved up from her first bike, a CT70, all the way to an SL175 in about 2 years riding time. She was cast as the Jonathan Winters Granny character and other than the pics below, did a short clip inside a local house where she opened the refrigerator and saw it was empty, so a trip to the store was next. We took her bike to a Lil General store where she went inside to pick up some things, came out with a bag of stuff, strapped it to the seat, put on her helmet, kickstarted her bike and rode away. The commercial was intended for drive-in theaters locally though we never got to see it.
DP32dne.jpg

Ov8LkyJ.jpg

pgpztJp.jpg

ZYaHGKh.jpg

CP1ywJY.jpg

and yes, for those who might be wondering... she recovered the seat with flowered material. I rode the bike to high school once and when the other guys riding gave me crap about the seat I simply said it was my Mom's bike, conversation over.
x7auFjL.jpg
That is possibly the coolest thing I've ever read on a motorcycle forum! And amazing that you have those pics of them shooting that scene. :clap

DP32dne.jpg

Ov8LkyJ.jpg

pgpztJp.jpg

ZYaHGKh.jpg

CP1ywJY.jpg

x7auFjL.jpg
While I would've also given you crap over the seat cover, and you would've done the same for me, I gotta admit that it actually looks pretty awesome on there!

That is possibly the coolest thing I've ever read on a motorcycle forum! And amazing that you have those pics of them shooting that scene. :clap
Yeah, talk about being proud of your Mom, I damn sure was. She had barely ridden a bicycle in her life before she got her CT70 and it took a while for her to get used to keeping her feet up to be part of the bike for better balance, but even in her latter 40s she was a quick study. While we were camping, my Dad used to take her trail riding while I was elsewhere climbing hills and such, and he would teach her how to spin the bike around so if she was on a trail and had to turn around she could get it done. Here's some practice time footage

Back
Top Bottom