What's new

Sign, Sign, everywhere a sign.

Before the age of camera phones, so no pic, but I'll never forget a sign in saw in West Virginia one day.

A buddy and I were going to look about buying a Blazer we'd found on craigslist. I don't remember the road we were on or the town we were looking for. Let's say the town was called ADVville. The guy said get on such n such road and look for the sign. Alright. I can do that.

After thinking we oughta be there but must've missed the sign we were looking for, we saw it:

ADVville 2 miles ago

Ago? Really? 🙄

1655676460729.jpeg

1655676499343.jpeg
Did you happen to get any pics of the furnace? I love seeing those old monsters.

Just think, some pencil dick bureaucrat missed the opportunity to double his satisfaction by placing a "Sidewalk Begins" sign right next to the first sign. In fact, he could been in ecstacy by placing signs for travelers moving in the opposite direction. Man-o-man.
It is probably being reviewed by a team of lawyers.

Somewhere in western ID, I forgot exactly where, but west of Lochsa Lodge. We stopped at Lochsa Lodge off of Lolo Pass, had huckleberry cheesecake for a snack. Got back on the road and wthin about 45 mins I had the urge to puke, so we pulled over, and I puked. Still not feeling great we continued on toward our final destination at Lewiston. I had to stop again, nothing much came up. Feeling a little better. We rode on and stopped at this spot for one final bout of puking and dry heaving. After this I was fine. I guess I picked up some food poisoning. I was the only one of us three to get sick.

This is an often photographed sign, have seen various photos at this location on the "moto-websites" over the years. IIRC, there is "moose crossing" painted on the road here as well.

100_0428.jpg

Top Bottom Back Refresh