What's new

Silverton Day Trips & Passes

Creede ...
IMG_0802.JPG
IMG_0824.JPG
IMG_0843.JPG
IMG_0858.JPG
IMG_0881.JPG

Some Colorado trail info for those who are interested in trail opening dates.

Some Colorado trail info for those who are interested in trail opening dates.

I also use the FS pages for road conditions. Most of the time I call the ranger station in Durango and chit chat. They are so helpful and will give you an hour if you want, with all kinds of good info

Last edited:
Bummer I just looked and saw Imogene closed on the west side. Heading out there week after next to make a 500-600 mile loop.

Bummer I just looked and saw Imogene closed on the west side. Heading out there week after next to make a 500-600 mile loop.
I previously posted it was closed for repairs for about 3-4 week....

leaving silverton, Take Ophir over, and then Last Dollar road back. Makes a nice day trip.

Last edited:
I posted it was close for repairs for about 3-4 week....

leaving silverton, Take Ophir over, and then Last Dollar road back. Makes a nice day trip.
Looking at Ophir now, we'll be coming from the North and taking last dollar road to telluride, either take 550 to Silverton or head back north through the red mountain mining area, up corkscrew over to animas and down to Silverton. Depends on the time we're making and thunderstorms.

Reactions: MVI
That is a good plan,
if this is your first time on Ophir, leaving Telluride you have a steep uphill in shale rock to climb up and over to 550.

Sometimes it can be loose and slippery, others well worn and packed. Make sure you post up your pics.

I was supposed to be in Silverton July 17-23, but my Broke Leg PT is going slower than expected, and It will be Sept until I am 100%

Last edited:
That is a good plan,
if this is your first time on Ophir, leaving Telluride you have a steep uphill in shale rock to climb up and over to 550.

Some times it can be loose and slippery, others will worn and packed. Make sure you post up your pics.

I was supposed to be in Silverton Ju.y 17-23, but my Broke Leg PT is going slower than expected and I will be Sept until I am 100%
Best wishes for a sooner recovery. I'll be sure to try to get some pics, these boys of mine don't like to stop for pics very often so I never get as many as I'd like.

Back
Top Bottom