What's new

Site logo

I get the whole aversion to skulls and their association with "bikers".
The only reason the skull came about is because pirate4x4 used a classic Jolly Roger, which makes sense. When that group spun off I had something similar created. This group was spun up fast so the skull got a color to match(ish) the theme from your old place.

As far as why skulls and bikes seems to be associated .. I'm not sure. Got me curious though.... Ghost Rider comics?

I've never thought about it but there's a lot of info out there. The skull seems to have a lot of different meanings to different people. I never realized the symbolism of the skull had so much history though. Interesting. 👍

The only reason the skull came about is because pirate4x4 used a classic Jolly Roger, which makes sense. When that group spun off I had something similar created. This group was spun up fast so the skull got a color to match(ish) the theme from your old place.

As far as why skulls and bikes seems to be associated .. I'm not sure. Got me curious though.... Ghost Rider comics?
I was always partial to this logo:

;kjl;jkljk;jkl.jpg

Not sure of its "officiality".

In short and in general, to translate to off-roading terms, rmotorcyclists often get split in to two groups. Harley riders and those who don't.

Harley riders consist of two groups. Normal people who just like their Harley and those that pledge their allegiance to the Church of the Motor Company.

The latter is the motorcyclist equivalent of a Mall Crawler. Skulls, flames and chains are their version of angry eye keep grilles and "it's a jeep thing" sticker. So there's a bit of a stigma attached to it.

In short and in general, to translate to off-roading terms, rmotorcyclists often get split in to two groups. Harley riders and those who don't.

Harley riders consist of two groups. Normal people who just like their Harley and those that pledge their allegiance to the Church of the Motor Company.

The latter is the motorcyclist equivalent of a Mall Crawler. Skulls, flames and chains are their version of angry eye keep grilles and "it's a jeep thing" sticker. So there's a bit of a stigma attached to it.
I definitely get the split between the two. My dad has been a Harley guy for as long as I can remember often having several bikes. I've spent many father's days on long bike rides to ride with him. My uncle on the other hand, was a BMW guy but I'm not sure I ever remember him ever really off-roading it aside from washing it in his yard LOL

I don't identify with the angry eye, It's a jeep thing here's a dumb duck group attention seeking group. Just build something cool and do cool things in it.

That gives me slow children ahead vibes.
which says VS should be running the place :rofl

I was a BMW guy for years. Airheads, Oilheads and even a flying brick. I also had a Guzzi & Ducati along the way. But while I appreciate where BMW is today they are not the BMW I fell in love with. So I now ride a Harley mostly cuz it’s a solid bike, motor in frame, with metal fenders and fuel tank.

Last edited:
I was big into Sport-Touring.net and had STN stickers then they split up. Then I was on ADVRider and had those ovals on my bikes and a few tee shirts then they shit on me. So I doubt I’ll ever go all in on another web club. Sorry.
Am in full agreement with you. Forums originally (long ago) got started as communities. Then it was realized how they could be monetized. I've seen too many forums morph into "Monetized Communities" where the original intent was lost in the interest of making money. ADV Rider is certainly the poster child of this.

Top Bottom Back Refresh