What's new

Smallish luggage options for a minimalist cruiser.

woods

Yawp.
Mod
ADV+
Member Number
Just bought the FXDF. Looking for small luggage options. My other bikes all have 50L+ of storage. I want to keep this bike pretty tight. A sweatshirt at most. Bottle of water. Bag of peanuts. That sort of thing. Was going to get a tail rack and a smaller tail bag.

They have swingarm bags, but I'm jaded about those since I once caught luggage into my drivetrain which ended in a totaled bike and helicopter ride.

The tail bags I'm been looking at are a little bulbous for my tastes. Also the PVC roll up bags don't really go with the flow of the bike.

Suggestions?

Sissy bar bags seem to be the popular leather options. Somewhere around 10L is probably the size you are seeking though a sissy bar bag might not look right not mounted to a sissy bar.

SW-MOTECH SysBag 10 kind of looks the part. Saddlemam R850 maybe?

I remember your crash, that sounded rough.

Could you just strap a tank back on the back? There are some nice rack top bags from the bicycle world. I used one for A while on my DRZ.

I'm actually looking at a Kriega US-5 bag.

DSquared the bike did come with a sissy bar, but I don't really care for the looks of it solo. I'm almost thinking 10L might be too much as weird as it sounds.

I saw a couple Kriegas and thought they were priced a little high. But digging into Yinzers suggestion of tank bags there really isn't any significantly cheaper than the Kriega 5 that don't scream tank bag.

I saw a couple Kriegas and thought they were priced a little high. But digging into Yinzers suggestion of tank bags there really isn't any significantly cheaper than the Kriega 5 that don't scream tank bag.
I ordered the Kriega 5. Giant Loop, I think, had one for the handlbars, but its like $60 for a granola bar bag.

On my kawasaki bobber, i use for what you describe an OXFORD M4R tank bag, Its Light unobtrusive fast to put on or off.
I have another Oxford M40R i use on other bikes, i like Tank bags the oxfords are well made designed and cheap. They do a M1R mini that might be all you need.

Top Bottom Back Refresh