What's new

Solar Shower

MVI

MVI MOTO
Mod
Vendor
ADV+
Member Number
What great invention does everyone have for portable and truck/trailer mounted showers?

Yakima sells a nice unit, but at $500+, I'm out

1652280757496.png

I have one of these that can also double as a dry bag. The DIY one is maybe $50 worth of ABS pipe and the couple fittings. I feel like Yinzer Moto had something neat in one of his van/box truck/bus camper setups.

71-UxWRJiAL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Lol, we have industrial strength baby wipes. If I were to do some type of shower, I would just do the Coleman Propane shower. I don’t want to have to worry about winterizing anything in our van, so a stand alone system is what I would choose.

Amazon product ASIN B01C7HF0NU

Been using one of these at the summer cabin for a couple of years and occasionally in the van as well. It’s cheap, simple and does the job without wasting too much water.

7500441.jpg

When the battery dies I think I’ll get one with a switch in the shower head.

Last year one of the guys on a Dive Boat showed up with a portable with a foot pump for pressure. Worked pretty good too

1652293326063.png

That ☝️style is so simple. I can't see needing anything more. Pretty sure it'll pack up small enough to not even matter.

I know that's aluminum and wonderful, but I'd make one out of 4" ABS before dropping $500 on one.

I didn't realize they made a 10 gal. version. That's a lot of weight to strap to the worst location possible.
Yup, as noted in post #2, at $500+, I'm out

It's all relative, tossing a 10g pipe full of water in the bed of 2500HD aint gonna matter.

A plastic pipe mounted laterally a top a fuel cell in the bed may be an ideal place to mount one.

sketched it in yellow, this might work

1652356726119.png

Last edited:
I have a propane powered Zodi hot shower, but my go to is this cheap DIY contraption. Just heat water on the stove and dump it in. I suggest starting out with a new sprayer :lol2
1652381741997.png

My brother in law has a propane fired hot water system that will burn your flesh clean off if you want it to.
1652381974138.png

I have a propane powered Zodi hot shower, but my go to is this cheap DIY contraption. Just heat water on the stove and dump it in. I suggest starting out with a new sprayer :lol2
1652381741997.png

My brother in law has a propane fired hot water system that will burn your flesh clean off if you want it to.
1652381974138.png
Great idea for a shower !

For all my Pressure spreayers with a RV ( Relief valve ) , I add these

1652382752486.png

Last edited:
Top Bottom Back Refresh