What's new

Source for fork rebuild kit (R1250GS)

TravelinLite

ADV+
Member Number
Where do you folks purchase fork rebuild kits (bushings, seals, etc.) for BMWs? I am specifically looking for parts to rebuild my r1250gs (not gsa if it matters). Thanks.

What happened to yours? It is just some lube and seals. They dont go bad often.

I think the dealer would have everything you need. I dont even thing they cost much.

What happened to yours? It is just some lube and seals. They dont go bad often.

I think the dealer would have everything you need. I dont even thing they cost much.
You may have provided more info than I was looking for. Thanks.

On previous bikes I was used to rebuilding the forks every two years or less, depending on mileage, so I was looking to get the necessary parts on hand. If the 1250gs doesn't have wear parts like bushings, I may not need to do anything until they leak.

I've been told by many smarter men than me that the tubes hold oil for lubrication of the fork motion up and down as the shock does all the work. The seals just keep the dirt out. Even if it starts leaking you have a lot of time to get it fixed if the leak is small. Most will wait till the next service to fix a leaking fork seal.

^ Yes
On my 1150 GSA I had one fork seal starting to leak after the TAT.
I took both forks of the bike, cleaned them out, installed new oil and seals and that was it. IIRC it was around 55K miles or so... You can wait until you're home just zip tie a rag around the leaky part if it gets bad..

I tried all 2 pair of all balls seals on my Tiger. They both leaked immediately, I’d go with OEM seals.

A pair of fork seals at my dealer was about $60 if I recall. No fork maintenance required on the boxers, as stated.

Thanks all. I didn't realize the BMW required so little front fork maintenance. Guess I will just wait until I have a problem.👍

Back
Top Bottom