What's new

Supermoto tires - any suggestions?

Anders-

690R
Member Number
I'm looking for suggestions on some sticky rubber for the 17" wheels on my 690R.
(currently on diablo corsa rosso, if my memory serves me right)

Except for the regular requirements, it would be nice if spirited riding on public roads was enough to get them up to temp here (scandinavia). Guess a fair bit of wet grip wouldn't go astray either.
No competition, but maybe some casual loops at the racetrack (tarmac only, no gravel section).

I don't have tons of sumo experience, but for light bikes where I want sticky tires for cheap (and don't care about mileage) I've been happy with Conti Motions. Think the most I ever got out of a rear was 1700 miles, but they were super grippy. Have run a rear down to the cords in 1200 miles once.

The reason I like them for light bikes is the thin carcass. They're very flexible tires that you can air down and squash out a good footprint with a sub 300lb bike without airing down so far that you're causing problems. It also gives them good bump absorption. I really like how they steer and ride, I just wear em out too fast for the daily. No problems with temps dragging pegs on old backroads at 45-60mph on super tight corners.

Used to get a pair of 120/180's for sub 200 bucks, but I'm sure that has changed now.

Back
Top Bottom