What's new

Suzuki V-Strom DL 800DE spotted.

I've learned today from my son that cruise is an option. No help on the tubeless however unless you diy it. Don't mind tubes myself, but I see your point.
All I've seen is that Cruise Control is "technically possible" with the ride-by-wire throttle control and CAN bus system. It is not mentioned in any Suzuki documents, and does not seem to be implemented in the current setup.
So it is starting to become more and more likely that this will not be my next bike. Bit of a disappointment really, I had high hopes.

All I've seen is that Cruise Control is "technically possible" with the ride-by-wire throttle control and CAN bus system. It is not mentioned in any Suzuki documents, and does not seem to be implemented in the current setup.
So it is starting to become more and more likely that this will not be my next bike. Bit of a disappointment really, I had high hopes.

A wrap or two of paracord in-between the throttle handle and the throttle plastic housing can hold a throttle open. I've done that before.

Back before wire controls I'd alter the return spring(s) to be less return-y on the carbs. I even had a sticky throttle at race bike school, and it probably made me a smoother rider by never relying on the throttle to close itself.

Thick o-rings for construction equipment hydraulic lines work as well. Slip on over the throttle grip and create friction in the gap between grip and switchgear housing and can be rolled off when not needed. YMMV

To use the correct term. What you describe is a "throttle lock". Not a "cruise control". It's not accurate enough. It will maintain some speed on the highway, but that speed is affected by slope and wind. In a radar camera infested environment, like I live in, even minor speeding can cost dearly.

That does not seem like a fun motorcycling environment. :dunno

We have long open stretches in the USA. Sometimes there is a sneaky police officer, many times there aren't. When I lived in hilly country I guess that I worked the throttle since hills also mean turns. But I loved my sticky throttles.

It is fun to ride motorcycle, even if you've not breaking the speed limit. It does make owning a powerful bike an exercise in frustration at times. And an expensive hobby.
Small cc to the rescue. It is much more fun to ride a light slow bike fast, than a heavy fast bike slow. It's even safer. :lol3

I picked one up last Saturday, It's a fun machine so far!

zuki.jpg

Top Bottom Back Refresh