What's new
  • If you don't frequent the chat forum, make sure you read this post regarding land usage. It would be great if we could get everybody to send a comment in before Oct 7th!

Tallest ~250cc bike.

woods

Yawp.
Mod
ADV+
Member Number
Cousin picked up a CRF100 for his lady. Bombed around on it today. Holy hell I miss having a small bike.

What's the tallest 230/250 beater bike out there? I'm on a whole bunch of acreage, so I wouldn't even need to register it. Just bombing around out back. I'm 6'4" and 35" inseam, so something really tall.

4T and not necessarily street legal.

woods

Yawp.
Mod
ADV+
Member Number
2 stokes are ridden in hard enduro and trials, where a crazy power band is not wanted.

A 2 stroke built for woods riding, like a KDX would work well. Add a 1” taller seat If you need it.
Having never ridden a 2T, I thought lugging them would be bad? I don't really have the room to be kicking high RPMs like I thought what 2T's were for.

Its actually for more suited for ATVs than anything.

North ride

Member Number
Having never ridden a 2T, I thought lugging them would be bad? I don't really have the room to be kicking high RPMs like I thought what 2T's were for.

Many guys riding the euro 300 2 strokes lug around 2 gears high and never get on the pipe. The bikes work fine for that.

woods

Yawp.
Mod
ADV+
Member Number
hm. noted. how'bout as far as going onto public lands with a sticker? 2T's get a frown?

Yinzer Moto

ADV+
Member Number

There is a huge difference from a motocross 2t to a woods 2t. Lugging a woods 2t is no problem.

I am just giving you shit.

Keep in mind, for really low lugging, a 2t is better. The spark plug fires on every compression, so at really low rpm, the 2 stroke will keep going better.

Navin

Member Number
Larry?

C3930B12-0913-4926-A708-09B95B4AA4C7.jpeg

The Euro bikes, KTM, Husky and GPX fit taller guys well. KDX was kinda goofy (90s ergos fit wise) but the GPX TSE250R is a modern version of that in a Euro frame. Its also easily plated in many states and comes with all the lighting and switches. Your budget was?

My buddy on his 2019.

49EE9D50-0530-48FD-83E0-9E6824D2A49B.png

Last edited:

Elle

Member Number
OP, I have a yamaha 250f in the YZ/WR family and haven't come across a taller bike yet. In general, the blue bikes seem to be on the taller side even without a high seat installed.

woods

Yawp.
Mod
ADV+
Member Number
I know the WR250R fit me alright. But not really looking at that much of a budget for a kick'around for the yard.

My wife sat on the CRF100 today and it fit her perfect. So I was just looking for something that we could ride around on together around the yard. Don't really want to drop more than a couple grand, really.

North ride

Member Number
I know the WR250R fit me alright. But not really looking at that much of a budget for a kick'around for the yard.

My wife sat on the CRF100 today and it fit her perfect. So I was just looking for something that we could ride around on together around the yard. Don't really want to drop more than a couple grand, really.
WR250R is not a dirt bike. What you need is a old WR250f they have been making them forever. Should be able to find a old clappy one for pretty cheap.

woods

Yawp.
Mod
ADV+
Member Number
Those are full size guys on them in the pics. If you set up the right loops two matching pit bikes are a sweet time.
iunno man. I rode around today on one and there's no way I could do any extended time on it.

Top Bottom