What's new

Tallest ~250cc bike.

woods

Yawp.
Mod
ADV+
Member Number
Cousin picked up a CRF100 for his lady. Bombed around on it today. Holy hell I miss having a small bike.

What's the tallest 230/250 beater bike out there? I'm on a whole bunch of acreage, so I wouldn't even need to register it. Just bombing around out back. I'm 6'4" and 35" inseam, so something really tall.

4T and not necessarily street legal.

My backwoods are too tight for a powerband.

2 stokes are ridden in hard enduro and trials, where a crazy power band is not wanted.

A 2 stroke built for woods riding, like a KDX would work well. Add a 1” taller seat If you need it.

2 stokes are ridden in hard enduro and trials, where a crazy power band is not wanted.

A 2 stroke built for woods riding, like a KDX would work well. Add a 1” taller seat If you need it.
Having never ridden a 2T, I thought lugging them would be bad? I don't really have the room to be kicking high RPMs like I thought what 2T's were for.

Its actually for more suited for ATVs than anything.

Having never ridden a 2T, I thought lugging them would be bad? I don't really have the room to be kicking high RPMs like I thought what 2T's were for.

Many guys riding the euro 300 2 strokes lug around 2 gears high and never get on the pipe. The bikes work fine for that.

hm. noted. how'bout as far as going onto public lands with a sticker? 2T's get a frown?

There is a huge difference from a motocross 2t to a woods 2t. Lugging a woods 2t is no problem.

I am just giving you shit.

Keep in mind, for really low lugging, a 2t is better. The spark plug fires on every compression, so at really low rpm, the 2 stroke will keep going better.

Larry?

C3930B12-0913-4926-A708-09B95B4AA4C7.jpeg

The Euro bikes, KTM, Husky and GPX fit taller guys well. KDX was kinda goofy (90s ergos fit wise) but the GPX TSE250R is a modern version of that in a Euro frame. Its also easily plated in many states and comes with all the lighting and switches. Your budget was?

My buddy on his 2019.

49EE9D50-0530-48FD-83E0-9E6824D2A49B.png

Last edited:
OP, I have a yamaha 250f in the YZ/WR family and haven't come across a taller bike yet. In general, the blue bikes seem to be on the taller side even without a high seat installed.

I know the WR250R fit me alright. But not really looking at that much of a budget for a kick'around for the yard.

My wife sat on the CRF100 today and it fit her perfect. So I was just looking for something that we could ride around on together around the yard. Don't really want to drop more than a couple grand, really.

I know the WR250R fit me alright. But not really looking at that much of a budget for a kick'around for the yard.

My wife sat on the CRF100 today and it fit her perfect. So I was just looking for something that we could ride around on together around the yard. Don't really want to drop more than a couple grand, really.
WR250R is not a dirt bike. What you need is a old WR250f they have been making them forever. Should be able to find a old clappy one for pretty cheap.

Those are full size guys on them in the pics. If you set up the right loops two matching pit bikes are a sweet time.
iunno man. I rode around today on one and there's no way I could do any extended time on it.

Back
Top Bottom