What's new

Tank Bags

woods

Yawp.
Mod
ADV+
Member Number
What's everyone using?

I had a Nelson Riggs but it got torn taking off an on. Its been alright for a couple years. Bought another.

Not five minutes into strapping it in,

hfhfff.jpeg

One tug and that thing pulled right out. Reading the Amazon reviews, there's a whole bunch like that too.

NR have had a bit of a falling out. I returned a set of saddlebags- they sent me two lefts or two rights. Took eleven months to get a refund.

So I'm not impressed with them anymore.

Tusk has been out of stock for what seems over a year.

There any others? This'll be for my DR650. It'll need to be easily unclipped for removed for fuel ups.

Not a DR rider, but I've had a bunch of great tank bags (and seat/rack bags) from RKA on various bikes over the years. Chase-Harper and Tourmaster do some very good bags at decent prices, too.

Reactions: EGR
Tourmaster. Forgot about them. I'll see what the offer.

I don't like having something in the way of the fuel filler cap, probably because my bike has a 100 mile range. Luckily, Aprilia made "tank panniers" for my model. They were prohibitively expensive new, but I found some used for a great price.

1650031918896.png

1650031934165.png

1650031957088.png

I don't have the top tank bag attachment. The Givi rear saddlebags and top box are plenty.

1650032162103.png

I don't like having something in the way of the fuel filler cap, probably because my bike has a 100 mile range. Luckily, Aprilia made "tank panniers" for my model. They were prohibitively expensive new, but I found some used for a great price.

1650031918896.png

1650031934165.png

1650031957088.png

I don't have the top tank bag attachment. The Givi rear saddlebags and top box are plenty.

1650032162103.png
I've got a setup just like that on my GSX-F. It simply clicks on and off. PO had it installed. Its really neat.

The DR is good for ~280 miles, but I keep a whoooooole bunch'a stuff in the bag. The major thing is something like a 4' wire to my heated visor. I have that fed through the bag. Summer time it sits in there coiled up. With no bag, I can't have it flopping around anywhere.

I'm a big fan of the Givi Tanklock series. The tank ring mounting means it goes on and off immediately. I don't think that's an option for the DR though so I'll just meander my way back into the corner.

I bought a mosko moto nomax a couple weeks ago. So far I like it. Simple on/off and all their bags use the same system. A little spendy but I believe in buy one cry once.

RKA
100% CA USA, designed and made by riders. My first one is pushing 30yo. Larger one is 20+.

Viking Bags - Small Tank bag and Enduro bags

Tank Bag unclips easily

1650113502489.png

1650117426976.png

Last edited:
I mentioned RKA, Chase Harper and Tourmaster, but I've also enjoyed the SW-Motech/Bags Connection and Givi fuel tank ring mount bags, too. (Yeah, I'm a bit of a tank bag whore.) The convenience of those types of mounts are tough to beat. And they've been very dependable, too. Other than me trying to ride away with a tank bag still sitting on top of a gas pump a couple of times, no issues. :^) Nobody makes one of those bags that quite works with my present bike, which is why I'm back to a 3-strap mount bag.

Back
Top Bottom