What's new

Tent to fit a 4'x8' trailer?

Gravelcruiser

Member Number
Ya see, I've come up with a 4x8 light trailer that I'll pull behind my Corolla (daily driver) so on solo trips I can save a bit of fuel compared to driving my truck. Thought would be a nice addition to have a tent that would fit on the trailer with an end entry like a truck tent. I've searched and haven't came up with anything. Has anyone seen such a thing?

That may just be the ticket. Looks roomier than a bivy. I've got their lynx 2 and 3.

Think I'd rather not do a side entry as the trailer has rails along the side. I'm sure I'd add a new scar to my shins if I tried that. Lol. I could just use one of my other tents and put it on the ground as intended. Sometimes it's nice to be elevated though.

I've got a BigAgnes Black Fly? Black Tail? Its a two person and has two vestibules. I love it. It is a side entry though. Any reason you couldn't just set the tent up on the ground instead of the trailer?

No reason really other than those wet rainy nights that seem to follow me wherever I go.

4x8 is a standard truck bed, perhaps a truck bed tent?

57-Series-Sportz-Truck-Tent-3-Stormflaps-1265.jpg

I may order one and see if it would work. My trailer sides aren't as tall. And a truck bed is 4x8 between the fender wells but the total width of the bed is a bit wider so I don't know if it would work. Kind of always wanted one of those truck tents anyway.

I may order one and see if it would work. My trailer sides aren't as tall. And a truck bed is 4x8 between the fender wells but the total width of the bed is a bit wider so I don't know if it would work. Kind of always wanted one of those truck tents anyway.
Happen to have one nib and no longer have the truck. Yours for shipping cost.

Back
Top Bottom