What's new

That New Tire Smell

kickstandsup

Why not?
Member Number
Fresh Road 6s for inventory and installation later this year.

Whatcha' got waiting?

IMG_20220304_174711784.jpg

I'm waiting for a fresh batch of Dunlop Trailmax Mission's from Revzilla. They will be my 3rd set and I get about 18K miles out of them.
They are my go-to tires for the big GSA.... YMMV

For the GS, I just mounted a cheap set of A3's ($215 for the pair). In the tire closet I have another set of A3's and a set of TA3's, and a set of Bridgestones for the Wing.

I buy when I find deals and keep a few sets around.

I've got the 86 Shadow up on the rack right now. Once I get it running, then it'll be tire time.

I ordered the Road 6s b/c Michelin had a $50 rebate and who knows how the supply chain will be...I'd rather have them sitting in my garage, patiently waiting...

I keep them in an indoor closet in the house, better climate controlled if you will.

I've heard good things about the 712's on 4 continents, I'd have gotten them but supply shortages were just beginning and 230's were available in the sizes I wanted on the day I was ready to buy.

I've heard good things about the 712's on 4 continents, I'd have gotten them but supply shortages were just beginning and 230's were available in the sizes I wanted on the day I was ready to buy.
Well, I'd have bought the 712s for both ends but I'm sure you remember my dilemma with first availability and then sizing, which caused me to buy the 250 for the front. I hoped it would work as well as the 712 on the rear and in fact, it did.

I just spooned on some new Pirelli MT16s on my new to me spare wheel set for my Honda CRF450RL. Went with UHD 4mm tubes and Warp 9 rim locks F/R. Plan to balance them this week! Looking forward to getting them in the dirt!
Honda wheels.jpg

Last edited:
Got a set of shinko 705's (I'm Cheap) I'm gonna try on a r1100r, try to make it a little more dirt road friendly. I live 8 miles from pavement.

Got a set of shinko 705's (I'm Cheap) I'm gonna try on a r1100r, try to make it a little more dirt road friendly. I live 8 miles from pavement.
Had a set of those on my DR. Wasn't a fan. 244s are my go tos now.

Back
Top Bottom