What's new

The All Things BETA Thread!

A couple of my 2021 300RR
20210801_123927.jpg
92917.jpeg
Yesss! Good looking bikes.

I‘ve pretty much decided that I’m not going KTM/Husky for my next plated dirt bike (unless they pull off some magic shit and I can’t resist).

The RR-S bikes look great. I’d like to ride the 390/430/480 back-to-back in order to decide which one suits me best. I signed up to the Beta demo that was planned during the 2020 Desert 100, but then that got cancelled. No demos near me in 2021. And my closest Beta dealer does not seem too keen on coughing up the dough to host a demo day.

The Desert 100 is back on for 2022 and I am planning to attend. I am not able to find any indication that Beta will have a demo event at that time. Does anyone know? Anyone have a contact at Beta USA that I can call and find out? Thanks,

I‘ve pretty much decided that I’m not going KTM/Husky for my next plated dirt bike (unless they pull off some magic shit and I can’t resist).

The RR-S bikes look great. I’d like to ride the 390/430/480 back-to-back in order to decide which one suits me best. I signed up to the Beta demo that was planned during the 2020 Desert 100, but then that got cancelled. No demos near me in 2021. And my closest Beta dealer does not seem too keen on coughing up the dough to host a demo day.

The Desert 100 is back on for 2022 and I am planning to attend. I am not able to find any indication that Beta will have a demo event at that time. Does anyone know? Anyone have a contact at Beta USA that I can call and find out? Thanks,
I don’t have a contact there, but all the demo’s this year are being hosted by dealers to the best of my know.

Maybe just message them on FB or Insta?

I did a quick writeup on the last page about my opinions of each of those bikes.

I don’t have a contact there, but all the demo’s this year are being hosted by dealers to the best of my know.

Maybe just message them on FB or Insta?

I did a quick writeup on the last page about my opinions of each of those bikes.
Good suggestion. I have noticed, however, that when people comment/ask on Beta USA’s FB page, there are rarely any responses.

Your post was very informative, thank you.

I don't know about published numbers, but I do know about the bikes, and riding them.
They're all fantastic in their own right, but Beta's engine philosophy is called "Perfect Displacement"

Essentially they only have two fourstroke engines, (and a third coming out next year) but they make 4 engines out of the two.

The 350/390 and the 430/480/500 are just short and long throw versions of each other.

The 350 is very racy. It wants to be revved high and ridden hard. Not that it can't lug, but it isn't it's forte. It's the better race bike of the two.
The 390 is the opposite. Long throw conrod means tons of torque. Low and slow it will grunt it's way through anything, and stay smooooth on the road transfers. It's the better dualsport of the two.
The 430 is the big brother to the 350. Racier and faster. A great westcoast bike. A lot to handle in the east.
The 480/500 is the same bike, just street legal or offroad only. It's the better full size dualsport. Tons of torque. Great machine!

All of them are fantastic bikes, and they have their overlap, but they each have their own slot that they do best.
And they aren't all choked up from emissions crap. Which means they aren't herky-jerky in stock form. And don't require expensive aftermarket fuel programmers to run properly.
Just add gas and ride! :wings
Is Beta Canada importing the DS models now or still off road only?

Is Beta Canada importing the DS models now or still off road only?

He’s bringing in some RR-S bikes. But on paper they’re offroad only unless you know how to make them street legal.
Here in Ontario you can make anything street legal as long as it’s brand new. All my two strokes are plated for the road.

He’s bringing in some RR-S bikes. But on paper they’re offroad only unless you know how to make them street legal.
Here in Ontario you can make anything street legal as long as it’s brand new. All my two strokes are plated for the road.
Pretty sure they have made it more difficult to do that out here although I’ve not looked into it for a while. Doing a garage shuffle this year and will be looking for a DS but will be shopping used for sure.

A2BB370D-AF0C-4E4C-9E47-86E24AC8453C.jpeg

i know i told the CDN Rick i'd never buy another beta...but I wanted a small bore and the ktm 250xcf wasn't it. on a whim called my beta guy, he had a 200re that had just showed up unexpectedly, that wasn’t pre-purchased...dealer just kept talking and talking, i'm like "shut up and take my money".

so i'll keep the '21 300rr and the '22 200re and sell the ktm. i'll try and strip this down for light weight (as light as a beta can get) . i'll move my shock over to the 200 and send the new one over to AMP for rework and lainer comp.

Last edited:

i know i told the CDN Rick i'd never buy another beta...but I wanted a small bore and the ktm 250xcf wasn't it. on a whim called my beta guy, he had a 200re that had just showed up unexpectedly, that was pre-purchased...dealer just kept talking and talking, i'm like "shut up and take my money".

so i'll keep the '21 300rr and the '22 200re and sell the ktm. i'll try and strip this down for light weight (as light as a beta can get) . i'll move my shock over to the 200 and send the new one over to AMP for rework and lainer comp.

:clap:clap:clap:clap

:imaposer They’re the worst bike on the market… other than all the other options. :lol3

Last edited:

i know i told the CDN Rick i'd never buy another beta...but I wanted a small bore and the ktm 250xcf wasn't it. on a whim called my beta guy, he had a 200re that had just showed up unexpectedly, that was pre-purchased...dealer just kept talking and talking, i'm like "shut up and take my money".

200cc is a nice displacement for a dirt bike.

My '21 200RR. A year in and I am totally in love !! Street legal with some small Farkles added after this photo.. Keyed killswich, lo profile turn signals, AXP skid plate, larger brake pedal.
200 is such a great motor.
I gave my YZ to my kid and have been having a blast chasing him around the trails and track.
IMG_20210312_171939_217.jpeg

I need a bigger tank for my '21 200rr. 3 gal minimum.. fitment is important. What's out there? what's best? where can I get it in the states before the season starts?
Thanks IA
G

I think the only options out there are made by IMS. IIRC they have a couple different sizes, for with and without kickstarter.
This one is 3.3gal for all 2020+ two strokes without kickstarter.
I don’t know if they’re a good shop or not, just found their picture and link.

[UWSL] [/UWSL]

F’n Mike…..

I‘m shopping Beta’s maybe, maybe I’m not.

Back
Top Bottom