What's new

The All Things BETA Thread!

CDN Rick

Canoodia Eh?
ADV+
Member Number
A thread for all things branded BetaMotor!
Post up your Alp, X-Trainer, RR, RE, and RX content here!!
2-Stroke or 4-Stroke! We love 'em all!

Who else loves their Beta?
I can't get enough of my '20 250RE!!!

213031394_10165431876420437_6184571012541493798_n.jpeg

Last edited:
I love my XTrainer 300! I don't have any pics of me riding it yet as most of our photography time goes to the better looking one in the household, my husband :raabia I also just got it before it snowed a lot :(
IMG_5697_Original.jpg

I was the one who told him to get you that bike!!!! Well I guess some other people did to but I was first!

Did Aaron put the Lucky kits in there? Any opinions?
yes (install is a non-factor, sooper easy on the OC 2019+ forks) and yes. He did the seXtrainer and my 2019 250rr too.

don't mess around with anybody else, send your Beta (Sachs) stuff to him...anybody should be able tune to the KYBs, but not everybody understands the Sachs.

I had him valve it for rocks/roots single track at c+/b- speeds. It really inspires confidence, I'm not afraid to hit any rock at any speed. There is no deflection, no kick...it just soaks it up. The Beta will stick around for trail riding...the KTM 4t is for going fast (once you get rid of the shitty WP AER forks).

yes (install is a non-factor, sooper easy on the OC 2019+ forks) and yes. He did the seXtrainer and my 2019 250rr too.

don't mess around with anybody else, send your Beta (Sachs) stuff to him...anybody should be able tune to the KYBs, but not everybody understands the Sachs.

I had him valve it for rocks/roots single track at c+/b- speeds. It really inspires confidence, I'm not afraid to hit any rock at any speed. There is no deflection, no kick...it just soaks it up. The Beta will stick around for trail riding...the KTM 4t is for going fast (once you get rid of the shitty WP AER forks).

I've only ever heard great things about AMP, and the same for the MXTech stuff. Stoked to hear you're happy with them!

Better AER than Xplor jiggle-poofs

Any Beta dual sport owners out there? I'm in the market for a light weight dual sport but don't see anything I like from the big 3 Japanese and KTM is a little on the spendy side. I'm coming up blank on horsepower & torque specs for the 350, 390, and 430 RR-S. Are they published anywhere?

Any Beta dual sport owners out there? I'm in the market for a light weight dual sport but don't see anything I like from the big 3 Japanese and KTM is a little on the spendy side. I'm coming up blank on horsepower & torque specs for the 350, 390, and 430 RR-S. Are they published anywhere?

I don't know about published numbers, but I do know about the bikes, and riding them.
They're all fantastic in their own right, but Beta's engine philosophy is called "Perfect Displacement"

Essentially they only have two fourstroke engines, (and a third coming out next year) but they make 4 engines out of the two.

The 350/390 and the 430/480/500 are just short and long throw versions of each other.

The 350 is very racy. It wants to be revved high and ridden hard. Not that it can't lug, but it isn't it's forte. It's the better race bike of the two.
The 390 is the opposite. Long throw conrod means tons of torque. Low and slow it will grunt it's way through anything, and stay smooooth on the road transfers. It's the better dualsport of the two.
The 430 is the big brother to the 350. Racier and faster. A great westcoast bike. A lot to handle in the east.
The 480/500 is the same bike, just street legal or offroad only. It's the better full size dualsport. Tons of torque. Great machine!

All of them are fantastic bikes, and they have their overlap, but they each have their own slot that they do best.
And they aren't all choked up from emissions crap. Which means they aren't herky-jerky in stock form. And don't require expensive aftermarket fuel programmers to run properly.
Just add gas and ride! :wings

It sounds like the 390 is for me. I have decades of street, track day, and roadracing experience but not a ton of offroad experience. I owned a DRZ400 (too tall and heavy), a KLX250 (grossly underpowered), and a GasGas TXT280 which was awesome for putting around. I have a trophy from my short lived trials competition days where I kicked the shit out of the 10 year olds in the pre-novice class. :imaposer I've also ridden bigger/heavier dual sports like the DR650 and KTM 640 but I have no interest in those. What I'd like is a light, not too tall, torquey bike that's OK being lugged. I'm old so blitzing through the woods is not on the agenda. Like a grown up version of the TXT280. Road manners aren't important to me - I just want it plated.

It sounds like the 390 is for me. I have decades of street, track day, and roadracing experience but not a ton of offroad experience. I owned a DRZ400 (too tall and heavy), a KLX250 (grossly underpowered), and a GasGas TXT280 which was awesome for putting around. I have a trophy from my short lived trials competition days where I kicked the shit out of the 10 year olds in the pre-novice class. :imaposer I've also ridden bigger/heavier dual sports like the DR650 and KTM 640 but I have no interest in those. What I'd like is a light, not too tall, torquey bike that's OK being lugged. I'm old so blitzing through the woods is not on the agenda. Like a grown up version of the TXT280. Road manners aren't important to me - I just want it plated.

The 390 is exactly for you.
Beta has a demo tour being hosted by dealers that is moving around the USA right now. Maybe you can even snag a demo.
Either way, if you want some offroad with a little bit of on-road, and that's the style of riding you want to do, you're going to love a 390.

Back
Top Bottom