What's new

The DR650 Thread

IMG_20221001_133412891_HDR.jpg
the ole DR still cleans up pretty good. Almost 28000 miles on it.

So this is the setup I made last year:

vxczvzz.jpg

The RAM ball didn't work out. The whole panel flexed up and down with the bike. So I pulled it off and mounted it to the bar. Left a big open space at the top there.

The u-bolt mount by the speedo sort of bugs me as well. I feel like I could clean that up a bit.

Ordered a few things last night, but doubtful how its going to pan out.

Instead of the metal u-bolts, I ordered a few of these:
gsgss.jpg

Then a sheet of PVC:
bvbsds.jpg

And finally this setup:
hjghfjfgjf.jpg

I may end up returning the last two bits. After I ordered, I thought about the durability of the PVC. I think it may crack easily. Especially with the leverage of the RAM ball and the GPS hanging off it. I'd also have to cut a decent chunk out for the switch panel there. I'll sit down with it for a night trying to figure something out. I have a sheet of 3/16" steel I can use if I need to.

Worst case I use that setup I made already, and just trim the top portion where the RAM was mounted to.

Any possibility of running a support bar up from the top triple clamp?
I had the top end attached to the windscreen thing and...it looked like crap. I could maybe tree to run something down into the triple tree housing too. there's a few options. but I do think I'm going to end up returning that PVC sheet and the rocker switch setup. I don't think its going to pan out.

lhgjlgjh.jpg

Looks no different, but I welded a few bits of solid rod under it. Its SOLID now. No flex at all. I "reupholstered" it again.

Just going to have to return the PVC, switch panel, and the bar clamp mounts I ordered. I'll stick with this for now.

I did order some flood light jobbers. I'll figure out a spot to mount one or two. Want to try to get them low, but not too low. I'll throw in another switch for it/them.

Bah, this sucks. I tried to get this in an be all like, ta-daa! but its not going to work.

That's too bad. So I'm just going to end up selling this setup off, and go with a common swap. Make things easier rather than cobbling something together.

Desert Moto Pano.jpg

I can't wait to get out again. My bike is in pieces in my garage waiting for parts. :(
Mine was like that a couple years ago. cases split on a table. something like nine weeks for a fifth gear to come in.

Hibernation, I hate freaking cold weather. Besides a certain KDX has my attention and is on the operating table

Turned my bike over last week. runs good. not much planned for it though. maybe wire my voltmeter directly to the battery. the readings seem to get thrown off where I have it tapped into now. other wise, bike is tip top.

Back
Top Bottom