What's new

The DR650 Thread

I listed it awhile back, my thinking is how can a know how good a bike is if he never really tries anything else. Whatever is next has some big shoes to fill.

I am trying out the Mosko R80 luggage on the DR. I have a HF4800 top box on my rear rack and would like to mount the R80 harness on the rear (pillion) seat.
Has anyone done it this way? Anyone got any pictures of such, advise?
Id like to keep the top box for regular rides and the R80 will only go on for long/camping sorta trips.

I'm curious what the R80 looks like on the DR. I've been wanting a new set of luggage. the NR setup I have....works. Lots of straps, I hate how they go over the seat so I have the tucked under, removing the bags I have to pull the seat and racks. Its a chore. Thinking there's got to be a better way.

Not trying to hi-jack the 650 thread,,,,but. I'm looking at a listing for a 1995 DR350 ,ad says " runs good , rides good , I just don't ride it anymore", asking $1200.

My question is, is the 350 a good bike and are parts easy to find for it, is $1200 a fair price for a 28yr old 350?

Thanks

Never had one, but guys that do have them speak fondly of them. $1200.00 for a running bike seems pretty good these days. Not sure on parts availability.

I'd snag it for $1200 as long as it cranks over and there isn't a hole in the block.

Bikes all up and running? Fresh tires? Oil? Chain's lubed? :ricky

Got my bike on the rack right now. Oil change and going to freshen up the chain. Otherwise bike is good. Lithium battery survived the winter so that's good. Tires look fine.

Harley is getting fresh rubber and brakes all around.

Quick tune up yesterday. Everything looked great. Took he bike out for a half hour spin. Everything runs as it should. Excited to log a few miles this year.

Not trying to hi-jack the 650 thread,,,,but. I'm looking at a listing for a 1995 DR350 ,ad says " runs good , rides good , I just don't ride it anymore", asking $1200.

My question is, is the 350 a good bike and are parts easy to find for it, is $1200 a fair price for a 28yr old 350?

Thanks
Those are fantastic bikes and in a lot of ways are superior to the XR400 that was supposed to make it obsolete. You just need to check on a couple of things and keep it full of fresh oil.

When I sold my mighty DR to play with other bikes. I bought a gen 3 KLR to see what the fuss was about. To say it was a major disappointment is an understatement. The DR is superior in build quality and fun factor, albeit not as good on the highway only for the fact the KLR has a fairing. Why hasn't Suzuki put out a faired DR recently. If so, there really wouldn't be a KLR market. Just my simple observation. The KLR has now been sold.

When I sold my mighty DR to play with other bikes. I bought a gen 3 KLR to see what the fuss was about. To say it was a major disappointment is an understatement. The DR is superior in build quality and fun factor, albeit not as good on the highway only for the fact the KLR has a fairing. Why hasn't Suzuki put out a faired DR recently. If so, there really wouldn't be a KLR market. Just my simple observation. The KLR has now been sold.
Dad's got a...2016(?) KLR and my DR runs circles around it. Its not even close to the same machine.

Back
Top Bottom