What's new

The DR650 Thread

Here's mine during adventurepalooza 2020

Attachments

• IMG_20200926_090401139_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20200926_090401139_HDR.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 21
C'mon guys, the WR250R thread has already hit 21 pages!

One post a day does not embody the winning spirit this thread is capable of ... For the sake of maintaining our collective dignity here are some photos of the safety wired nsu switch I endured two semi-frozen beers to accomplish a couple weekends back.

IMG-9611.jpg

IMG-9634.jpg

Well, get the others over here! :lol2

Except for EO. He can eat a bowl of dicks. :lol2

Actually, where'd C2 end up? Heard he got the boot. SOmeone should reach out to him and get him here.

Actually, where'd C2 end up? Heard he got the boot. SOmeone should reach out to him and get him here.
And leave the confused Aussie down under!

C'mon guys, the WR250R thread has already hit 21 pages!

One post a day does not embody the winning spirit this thread is capable of ... For the sake of maintaining our collective dignity here are some photos of the safety wired nsu switch I endured two semi-frozen beers to accomplish a couple weekends back.

I'm too busy eating popcorn watching the oil argument I accidentally started over on the other forum, LOL! Can't wait to take the DR650 out this weekend for a ride around Truckee. Hoping the snow has melted enough to navigate Dog Valley Road, we shall see.

I'm too busy eating popcorn watching the oil argument I accidentally started over on the other forum, LOL! Can't wait to take the DR650 out this weekend for a ride around Truckee. Hoping the snow has melted enough to navigate Dog Valley Road, we shall see.
I actually almost bought a Harley about a month ago. I passed at the very last second. I had the cash in my pocket and the truck n' trailer in the parking lot. Just didn't have it in me to do it.

We're still buried in snow here. WOn't be another month at least. I'm going stir freaking crazy too.

Having all the same faces would ruin all the feel of having secret motorcycle double life, but I'm sure a few will wander over with time. There is one regular in particular who earned himself a long vacation I wouldn't mind seeing back in the mix. Time will tell ...

You brought up oil !!!!!!! .... In motorcycle scripture it is state explicitly that, "They shall find peace as deep as the sea and as vast as the heavens, when each uses thy motorcycle oil of preference in privacy."

In ancient times you might of have been stoned! I don't think you ruffled people's feathers as much as you might expect.

I plan to ride again when the weekend forecast isn't for overnight lows of -4 F. Shouldn't be too long ... bike is not ready.

Having all the same faces would ruin all the feel of having secret motorcycle double life, but I'm sure a few will wander over with time. There is one regular in particular who earned himself a long vacation I wouldn't mind seeing back in the mix. Time will tell ...
Oh do tell. Once I got a two week boot mid engine rebuild, I never returned. Packed my bags and went to DRR.

Legend has it, that he who shall not be named (for sake of some knucklehead stealing his moniker) used to announce his annual vacation by posting his vast collection of booby picks in "the basement" sub-forum for the sake of intentionally earning himself a ban which coincided with his time away. It's my understanding that this was established in tradition; however, the mods were clearly getting fed up with it. After his last fire works display he disappeared and has not been heard from since.

I'm not claiming to be an expert on the facts so anyone can correct me if my understanding of the above is somehow wrong. I think there was a bit of consternation brewing. In effect, a collective perception that the smoky bar room feel of the place was being lost in an effort to make things more presentable ... for marketing purposes, or possibly to sell the place to a large company known for dealing in such things? Events which appear to be transpiring.

I hope this post counts as the first person to lead this thread off topic, because I would feel really honored to earn that distinction.

Back
Top Bottom