What's new

The Honda Transalp thread

YmirTrials

Dirt herder
Member Number
Just picked up a couple of these beauties so we need a thread for all things Transalp….

Attachments

• 8998C325-A4A1-403E-AFA4-B3530A2D78A1.jpeg
    8998C325-A4A1-403E-AFA4-B3530A2D78A1.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 111
  • ED8B2262-47D2-4342-A205-60B6F64BFCDA.jpeg
    ED8B2262-47D2-4342-A205-60B6F64BFCDA.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 36
tells us a bit of the history of these 2 bikes , year ,km etc..
There is three of them and they are all 87's as I'm told that was the only year they were brought into Canada. One has 108K on it and uses some oil, one has 40k and is getting the full look over for me to ride this year and the third is an unfinished project with a fresh rebuild on the motor.....

And a another photo just for fun….
image.jpg

Just done valve adjustments and today picked her up some new spark plugs….

Reactions: cal
YmirTrials My friend in Arizona has a 89 and has offered it to me for free but.......it has sat outside in the Arizona sun for about 8 years! Ive looked at it a couple times, the plastics are all there and no broken bits, Corbin seat, but Im afraid of the cost of replacing all the rubber bits etc. Going down for a visit next month will look in the tank and see what that looks like.

YmirTrials My friend in Arizona has a 89 and has offered it to me for free but.......it has sat outside in the Arizona sun for about 8 years! Ive looked at it a couple times, the plastics are all there and no broken bits, Corbin seat, but Im afraid of the cost of replacing all the rubber bits etc. Going down for a visit next month will look in the tank and see what that looks like.
Sounds like a good plan! But wait, if you get one mine will be less ‘rare’…..:D

Out playing in the shop and decided to add another fuse for handwarmers to the main fuse block, interesting little project.
image.jpg

I just cut the cable ends off some spade connectors and used them to solder the wires to as they were the right size to accept a fuse.

We have been waiting for a long time now. It was expected, as a certainty, at the EICMA show last Nov. but it was a no-show.

The guys in the styling department at Honda are killing it these days.

That's the bike I wanted when they were developing the Africa Twin, but the result was too big and heavy for my uses. Here's hoping the 850 is no more than 400 lbs, and has at least 90 hp.

and a $9999.99 price like the T7

Been out for a couple good rides on the Transalp though its not been warm here yet, I'm really enjoying how it rides on pavement and off. Really digging the torque for the ups!!
IMG_4034.JPG
IMG_4020.JPG

I see them all over Europe, still running strong. I'd bet you can get parts still, but you may have to fly then to Commiefornia

I've seen a few (just a few) come up for sale. How do you like yours? Parts availability? Nagging issues from a 30-40 year old bike?
I really like mine but I've only had it since February, oh and I don't get to ride here until April usually so my experience is short with this one. I will say though that the build quality is amazing and it is a fantastic bike both on road and off. I use it primarily as a commuter but since I sold my dual sport the Transalp is getting covering that duty also, it actually works very well even on some single track stuff that I've really had no business asking this bike to go on. As far as parts, I've gotten a few things from my local Honda dealer like an air filter and a petcock rebuild kit. So there are certainly some parts available still here, I've also ordered some goodies from Europe where there are plenty of these bikes rolling around. No nagging issues other than mine must have stuck rings from sitting as it uses an alarming amount of oil, the one my wife rides has twice the mileage and uses less oil. Oh did I mention I bought three? :D

Back
Top Bottom