What's new

The Iowa Thread

Is Iowa still there?
LOL My ex is from there so I'll reserve further comment on that..Got a Buddy that calls it Ohdiha (some mix of Ohio,Idaho,Iowa) says that area really doesn't exist since he has never seen it other than in movies and TV so he is sure it's just a Hollywood soundstage.
His theory gets a lot of use as a source of drunken bar arguments with strangers.
Funny to watch.

Coming in late to this thread and find it.....interesting. I clicked on the steakhouse link and see that they "strongly" recommend reservations and I was intrigued so I did more digging. Montour, IA, according to the 2020 census is inhabited by 203 humans so that has me thinking WTF among many other things.

A very good friend recently moved from Central Colorado to western IA and has been bugging me about moving there. His rationale is more house/less money, more in line with my polly tics, and a few other things I've forgotten. He's an IA native but his primary reason for moving back is to help his mother as she deals with her ailing/failing spouse. I get that but what I don't get is moving from CO to IA and dealing with heat & humidity and bugs not to mention leaving a place where I'm 15 minutes from incredible riding and two hours from world class alpine skiing.

All I can say is that if I visit him, the steaks better be incredible and the women beautiful and large-breasted and then maybe, just maybe, I'll visit him again. :johntm

Lived in Iowa for a few years when I was a kid (in Ames). Can't say that I miss it much as I haven't been back for a visit.
But overall a nice place, I think. Once you get past, as spanky said, the bugs, the heat, humidity, etc.

Coming in late to this thread and find it.....interesting. I clicked on the steakhouse link and see that they "strongly" recommend reservations and I was intrigued so I did more digging. Montour, IA, according to the 2020 census is inhabited by 203 humans so that has me thinking WTF among many other things.

A very good friend recently moved from Central Colorado to western IA and has been bugging me about moving there. His rationale is more house/less money, more in line with my polly tics, and a few other things I've forgotten. He's an IA native but his primary reason for moving back is to help his mother as she deals with her ailing/failing spouse. I get that but what I don't get is moving from CO to IA and dealing with heat & humidity and bugs not to mention leaving a place where I'm 15 minutes from incredible riding and two hours from world class alpine skiing.

All I can say is that if I visit him, the steaks better be incredible and the women beautiful and large-breasted and then maybe, just maybe, I'll visit him again. :johntm

Most people from Iowa move to Colorado. Buy hey, we've got world class skiing right here and it's only $300 for a season pass. And nobody else in the world has RAGBRAI.:D

Back
Top Bottom