What's new

The Montesa Thread

Think I have close to 20 hours on the new Repsol now and going from a 2016 to the 2022 there are a few things that have been changed. The big one of course is the motor, from 260 now up to 298 or something, it has more grunt on the bottom end I have found AND a bit more giver on the top end as well for some of the big climbs. The tank and fender is changed, the fuel neck and cap are new as well with a better design such that the gasket is inside the lip rather than the old one that sealed on top of the neck and had a regular failure. (At least mine did) The front brake is stronger, both the calliper and master are different than the old Repsol, better power and feel to me. The hubs are different, not sure what the scoop is there but they are billet rather than the old cast units. And oh they crash good too...:D
IMG_4466 2.JPG

That skid plate has been on three bikes now and is USED!

Year and price?
2015, From him " I was thinking 7500 all in, with title, seat, road kit and original plastics. White is included. " I don't know if this is a good price or not.

More photos:
IMG_1088.jpg
Promach (1).jpg

thumbnail_IMG_1079.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_1085.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_1028.jpg

I helped him install the full streetability kit. He had it registered for the road. It has all of the original take off stuff.

If you are interested PM me for his contact. I get nothing out of this except to help a friend.

Think I have close to 20 hours on the new Repsol now and going from a 2016 to the 2022 there are a few things that have been changed. The big one of course is the motor, from 260 now up to 298 or something, it has more grunt on the bottom end I have found AND a bit more giver on the top end as well for some of the big climbs. The tank and fender is changed, the fuel neck and cap are new as well with a better design such that the gasket is inside the lip rather than the old one that sealed on top of the neck and had a regular failure. (At least mine did) The front brake is stronger, both the calliper and master are different than the old Repsol, better power and feel to me. The hubs are different, not sure what the scoop is there but they are billet rather than the old cast units. And oh they crash good too...:D
IMG_4466 2.JPG

That skid plate has been on three bikes now and is USED!
Did you get it From Don at Cascade ?

Here is the difference in the fuel caps and neck. On the 2016 I replaced the gasket with an o ring to avoid the gasket issue.
image.jpg
image.jpg

Going to look at a low hour 05 Cota for my first trials bike. Anything special I should watch out for?
Good bike for an older rider just looking to learn skills and have fun?? (Dirt, DS and road experienced)
I have stumbled across some similar priced 2t bikes but for some reason I like this bike and the thought of a 4t for a pleasure trials bike

Looks like a TY/DT 80 motor.....

Montehama ? or a Yamatesa....

But what do I know..... I was dropped on my head as a baby.... :loco

So today I went and saw the 2005 cota RT and although it's been sitting under a barn overhang it's in relatively very good shape outside of the original tires being basically dry rotted and a rusty front sprocket. I guess my question is with the fact that I know I should replace the fork seals and the outside seal itself on the lower fork leg which is dry rotted will I have a hard time finding parts such as that for a 2005 model?
Also when it comes time to things that are where items like the clutch plates will those as well be a challenge. Brake pads. Just want to know what I'm getting into thank you

Call Dennis at Overland Trail Cycle, he is the US Montesa parts importer, you will have no problem getting most anything you need. I have an 06, and an 18, most parts are the same.

Dear Community, is this Thread still active? I have some questions about my cota 314r.. For some reason it doesent will start up and if it fires up the rpm goes massive high.. after 2 sec she dies..
Regards Nil Miller

I've already done all that... the carburetor already ultrasonically cleaned three times and all channels with compressed air flushed and new seals installed. in addition, at the beginning the clutch did not separate at all, I thought it was because of the pads, I cleaned them all and sanded a touch, until I learned that you need specific oil, I put repsol 75w in it. in the first gear, the clutch separates very very hard, the wheel still drags in some places on the ground when I move the trail, the higher gears are better to move free with pulled clutch.... I think the reeds can be possibly broken or cracked in some places, since the 314r stood about 7 years
:D
The fuel supply is given, a problem could be the air filter, I start it without filter on it.... I hope you can help me further, has someone here by chance the owners manual for sale or as a file? Would be great thanks

Back
Top Bottom