What's new

The Official Ducati Thread

CaribooBC

Member Number
This thread is for pics and questions about your favourite Duc.
3C97BA33-2DDC-4957-AEE7-20221A7A331A.jpeg
B8DFABAD-61A8-468E-8A9C-D6D45C95547B.jpeg
CFE10679-9F42-4028-AF37-7768E4B7A44D.jpeg
0F799D72-FBCC-4A09-865B-82270B71F98B.jpeg
AA4BA5B7-65D4-40D2-A0B3-A9774F095E16.jpeg
5F844E52-B455-45F0-B9EA-40D2D7F681C8.jpeg

Not a great picture (I'll have to dig up some better ones) but I owned this for four years and put over 21k miles on it. 803cc Scrambler "Full Throttle" edition.
Ohlins rear suspension, Maxton cartridge in the front right fork with adjustable rebound, Dart screen, rear fender off a Classic model, bar end mirrors, Rexxer ECU tune, G2 throttle tamer, and new grips.

Loved the engine, but spent too much time fighting the bike trying to make it something it wasn't. Despite all that, I still miss it. The mid range from 4-6K on that 800 2V engine was astounding and the front brake was awesome.
lQGU7IA.jpg

Last edited:
2014 Monster 1200S, which I replaced with the Anniversario.

This bike replaced a MG Griso that caught on fire in the first 1100 miles...can you say "lemon law?" ;)

IMG_20180607_093214413.jpg

1995 900 ss/sp, very heavily breathed on by Eraldo himself, who I had the pleasure to meet. A true carnival ride, and it was my touring bike back when I was young(er) and flexible... ;)

Had a bit over 40k on her in this photo.

DSC00039.jpg

Screen Shot 2020-03-24 at 3.26.25 PM.png

On the Cape May - Lewis ferry.

Screen Shot 2020-03-24 at 3-1.26.25 PM.png

FAVORITE? That changes with my mood.

A shot from days gone by
Ducs.jpg

The only bike I still have from that picture is the 851.
851Termi_m.jpg

The 851 was a sentimental favorite from back when I bought my first Ducati in 1991, so when I started thinning the herd I kept it instead of the 996, which was the absolute worst streetbike I have ever owned. After 17 years I finally sold it, and it's the only Ducati I regret selling. If I coudl do it over I'd sell the 851 and keep the 996.
996_8883_l.jpg

The Monster 1200S was the best streetbike I've ever owned. I sold it for stupid reasons but don't really regret getting rid of it, because I just put a deposit down on a V2 Streetfighter, which I'm hoping becomes my new best streetbike ever. The Monster would have gone away now if it hadn't already.
monster1200s.jpg

The 160 Monza Jr was a bike I bought in a package deal, I wasn't sure what I was going to do with it, and then kinda got hooked on it and finished it instead of the bike I thought I really wanted. It turned out better than I expected, but when it was nearly done I realized I was building a 160TS. I honestly had no idea Ducati had built a very similar bike to this.
Before:
MonzaJr001.jpg

After:
IMG_4226.jpg

There was also the 750GT. That was my favorite bevel.
Before
RoundcaseB4Big.jpg

After
Ride.jpg

I'll probably add a few other "favorites" later on... I can't think of any Ducati I've owned that wasn't my favorite in one way or another.

My OVERALL favorite Ducati? I'll have to think about it. If I limit it to bikes I've owned, it'd likely be my 996, which is stupid since I put about 7500 miles on it over 17 years of ownership. So I'm not sure...

So you had the 996 for 17 years, say it was the worst street bike you ever had, and regret selling it and think it might be your favorite. :lol3 You are definitely a Ducati onwer. They do get under your skin, sometimes in a really bad way.

So you had the 996 for 17 years, say it was the worst street bike you ever had, and regret selling it and think it might be your favorite.
Yeah, because when it was good, it was really good!

It just wasn't good in traffic. (Ok, It SUCKED in traffic) Or when you weren't willing to break speed limits. Or when you were tired and just wanted a casual cruise home.

It was running single injectors and had been dyno tuned. Not the most powerful Ducati I've ever owned, but it did run nicer than anything else.

2010 Multistrada -- took me to the top and bottom of North America. Great all around bike. Picked up a 2017 Multistrada Enduro for the 8 gallon tank but haven't really had the opportunity to take it anywhere yet. This picture has some weird motion artifact that I thought was actually pretty cool.

E48899C4-B975-458B-9FDA-64E87448807F.jpeg

2018 Monster 1200S. Just bought it about a month ago. My first Duc and absolutely loving it so far, except for the fact it's too damn easy to do stupid speeds. I told my wife after my first local ride around home that I'll have a ticket on it within 6 months. It was 99% stock when I bought it and I've already thrown some money at it to personalize it. This picture was taken four days ago in N GA on my first mountain run with it. That Akra slip-on sounds amazing and to my ear it surprisingly sounds a bit like a V4.

Question for the knowledgeable; has anyone put a 180 on the rear? I know the wheel is a fraction of an inch wider than a typical 180 sized wheel, but I'm curious because I have a barely used set of S22's that I pulled off my Tracer after taking the YCRS last year and I'd love to throw those on the Monster and shift the PR5's currently on it to the Tracer.

Rich_Russell_Pkwy3.JPG

2018 Monster 1200S. Just bought it about a month ago. My first Duc and absolutely loving it so far, except for the fact it's too damn easy to do stupid speeds. I told my wife after my first local ride around home that I'll have a ticket on it within 6 months. It was 99% stock when I bought it and I've already thrown some money at it to personalize it. This picture was taken four days ago in N GA on my first mountain run with it. That Akra slip-on sounds amazing and to my ear it surprisingly sounds a bit like a V4.

Question for the knowledgeable; has anyone put a 180 on the rear? I know the wheel is a fraction of an inch wider than a typical 180 sized wheel, but I'm curious because I have a barely used set of S22's that I pulled off my Tracer after taking the YCRS last year and I'd love to throw those on the Monster and shift the PR5's currently on it to the Tracer.

Rich_Russell_Pkwy3.JPG
I'm assuming it typically takes a 190 rear?

I ran 180 rears on my multistrada a few times when that was the tire I could get or already had. I honestly couldn't tell the difference. You may actually notice it turns in a little easier.

Sweet bike by the way. The 1200 motor is really a great street bike motor, add the ohlins and the exhaust and that's a pretty sweet set-up.

I'm assuming it typically takes a 190 rear?

I ran 180 rears on my multistrada a few times when that was the tire I could get or already had. I honestly couldn't tell the difference. You may actually notice it turns in a little easier.

Sweet bike by the way. The 1200 motor is really a great street bike motor, add the ohlins and the exhaust and that's a pretty sweet set-up.

Yeah, OEM is a 190 on these. I would assume turn-in would be marginally quicker. I asked over on the Monster forum (another VS forum) but no one there answered. Seems that forum and the Ducati.ms forum are more of a buddy chat places than anything else.

My first street bike was a '72 Ducati Road. Actually built by Mototrans in Spain and imported to the US as a Ducati.
Barber has one;

i-SSsgZjH-X2.jpg

I later had a '73 750GT and care and feeding of a '77 Darmah, but no pics on available until I find them and scan them.

About 12 years ago my wife decided she needed a Monster, so I found a 04 1000S ie locally in need of work for her;

i-7jztbMF-X2.jpg

Shortly after she got the Monster, I found a ST2 with only a couple 1000 miles on it,

i-9dRqLKZ-X2.jpg

i-hd57pFD-X2.jpg

Rode it a bunch, but found myself wanting a Multistada. Sold it, but never did get a Multi, ended up with a Tenere instead.

Currently have a couple project Ducs, another '73 750 GT and a '66 250 scrambler.

Gina

023EB976-C172-45A3-A009-39F447FDFE23.jpeg

About ‘05 we spent a couple of weeks out South from Milan on a hired ST4s. Actually were allowed 2up in a private TD.
Autodromo Riccardo Paleti.
Italians get it. Rolling out for take off coming home Pillion rider said “I’d like to see one of those in the garage. Week or so?”It was easier to find a new 3. The original Cogent Dynamics sorted the suspension for 330 lb. I stupidly let her go out with an 80s rock and roll guy and she went with him to Nashville.

Sofia

4DAE5C4F-9029-4119-B13F-C8E0236355BD.jpeg

Late 90s, at school, a Pridmore looked at my bike and said “Get a sport bike.” Found 748L052, almost two years old, in a TX dealer’s in for 600 mi first service. She had been a living room decoration somewhere DFW. Her rich owner needed new, different living room eye candy. She came to TN, off the leash. She may have more miles than the other 99 total. Hundreds of passes Deal’s Gap. Hundreds laps TD Barber. A bunch private TD at little T. Two were two up. Öhlins rear for 330lb
BC227850-4412-49C5-A559-65E206361C32.jpeg
Exit T3

She’s with a collector now. Smug as hell, head held high I hope. Off at Barber 7 and at 12 and saved her rider’s ass both times. Sport Bike, fer sure…

Back
Top Bottom