What's new

The official TW200 thread....

jb882

Member Number
Thought i would start a thread to discuss the coolest motorcycle on the planet, the Yamaha TW200.

Discuss.....

i-d3dSQjx-L.jpg

Another of those really cool bikes I always wanted. :D
Odd bike that has unreal capability. The mod list is crazy. Big sprockets to trailer wheel atv tires. The close cousin xt225 is a better all around bike. And way out in left field are atv tire minis. Hehe coleman vs tw gets interesting where I live.
20210929_134645.jpg

In the rut tw
On the crown coleman
Bashing brush down the ex coleman
Vertical short climbs messed up but coleman

Real world AG street legal farm bike is the dub. It is the little bike that can. We ride 2up from a gen3 klr to the tw. The tw works! Nothing special except the design that is approaching a 40yr run. Has some flexibility but a more normal version is the xt225 with the 6 speed.

The load capacity between a tw an gen3 klr is only a few pounds. And I 2up the xt225 quite a bit also which I believe had more capacity than either bike.

Reactions: MVI
It's the only Japanese bike I have any interest in.
The tw really has no competition. For a couple years the vanvan200 was here. The tw is the only AG bike ever imported. I would have like for some of the other AG bikes.

Little scooter matches stock gearing on the tw for speed. I much prefer the dub. But pivot turns on the 125 scooter are a joke. I had to remove myself from the scooter rider list.
20220916_190634.jpg

TWs are cute with their little tires. I prefer their drunk older cousin that shows up to a family event every 2 or 3 years with a different trashy broad on his arm, tells a few stories about workin in the patch, and dissappear again.

The BW.
20210522_114848.jpg

Really though, the TW appeals, with it's license plate and all.

Tw in colemans stomping grounds. Half the time I loose the trail and just aim wherever. It is a close tie but as a trail break the ct200exu is impressive.
20220925_125857.jpg

The guy I sold my TW to stopped by work after a ride in the woods.
The bike was not running right, the idle was rough and the exhaust smelled bad gassy.

He does not use it enough (he has a 3 year old).
If a bike is going to sit, SHUT THE GAS OFF AND OPEN THE CARB DRAIN AND LEAVE IT OPEN!

He has 3 bikes, my old XT200, the TW200 and a KLX250, and no time to ride.

The guy I sold my TW to stopped by work after a ride in the woods.
The bike was not running right, the idle was rough and the exhaust smelled bad gassy.

He does not use it enough (he has a 3 year old).
If a bike is going to sit, SHUT THE GAS OFF AND OPEN THE CARB DRAIN AND LEAVE IT OPEN!

He has 3 bikes, my old XT200, the TW200 and a KLX250, and no time to ride.
Seems like yesterday you sold the dub.

15/50?
I have a 44 that can be installed. 14/44 is close to15/47. It would nice to have a better cruise speed without the rpm. How is 50mph compared to before the swap. And is deep sand just as easy as stock gearing.

15/50?
I have a 44 that can be installed. 14/44 is close to15/47. It would nice to have a better cruise speed without the rpm. How is 50mph compared to before the swap. And is deep sand just as easy as stock gearing.
Stock is 14-50. I had 14-49 on all my T dubs but have now tried the 15-50.
Its really nice on the street and I think I could go taller there I think.
1st gear still seems quite low and I am sure it will be fine in the dirt around here.
15-47 or 14-44 is going to be VERY tall!

Its interesting the xt runs15/45 stock. I was able to get a much taller rear tire to fit the xt. 65mph seemed amost relaxed. The tw has a way lower 5th almost equal to the xt 4th gear.

Back
Top Bottom